Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • CCDB into a Blur LTC instead of an RP23
  • thered

Who’s done it?
    Was it worth it?
    What’s your tune?

poah
    Free Member

what is wrong with your current shock?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep what are you trying to fix?
    how much time do you want to spend setting it up?
    I’m really happy with my Fox CTD Kashima, even when the CTD goes missing it still works well.

thered

I had a test ride on a T275 which had a Monarch Plus and the suspension was soooooo much better than my RP23 so I thought I’d upgrade and apparently these are the best.

I know I could get my RP23 push tuned or something but the CCDB won’t cost much more so what’s the point.

smatkins1
    Free Member

I have done exactly this a few weeks ago. I felt the RP23 on my Blur LTc would get overwhelmed and performance started to drop when pushed hard.

I was thinking about a CCDB Air but was put off by the cost. One popped up on here second hand in the right size so I snapped it up.

It’s taken a bit of fettling to get it set up and I wasn’t convinced at all to start with. I’ve ended up a bit away froM the base tune. Only this week on trip up to Yorkshire has it started to convince me it’s an improvement. I’ll reserve full judgement until I’ve given it something to really think about.

I approve of the tuneability. I don’t miss the pro pedal, obviously the CS model is available if you want. The additional weight was unwelcome. I would struggle to recommend it as a +£400 upgrade unless you need a new shock and what something a bit more capable.

scruff
    Free Member

you be pissing money away mike.

thered

smatkins1 – Have you tried this from the CCDB tune forum? Blur LT CCDB Tune

Scruff – You know me, all the gear…..

smatkins1
    Free Member

I hadn’t seen that!

I started off with the XV air can on then had better results with the standard air can.

I’ll try that out when I next have it off.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

I know I could get my RP23 push tuned or something but the CCDB won’t cost much more so what’s the point

Err, not so sure that’s true, a service is around £80 I’m sure j tech or loco wouldn’t charge you an extra £300 for tuning

thered

Smatkins1 – that’s interesting, CCDB recommend the XV for VPP suspension but you’re the 2nd person that’s said they’re getting good results without the XV can. Please let me know if that tune with the XV can is better.

Jameswilliams54 – you’re pretty much correct, push service is £140 with TFT iirc but I’ve had it done before on an RLC and I don’t think it made much difference tbh. I know it’s only one experience but that leads me to believe that I’ll spend that money on a push svc, then drop £300 odd on a CCDB anyway.

smatkins1
    Free Member

I was reading about tunes for the Bronson and it looked like until a point last year the XV can was widely recommended, then there was a complete U-turn and generally the normal air can was recommended.

I should have some time this weekend to switch the cans over and have a few rides.

scruff
    Free Member

Mike, buy a new frame, they’ve spent a few years fine tuning the vpp and geometry so the new ones are bound to ride better than yours. Chucking a new shock isnt going to make your middle age £4k superbike bike feel like a £5k new superbike.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Mike, buy a new frame, they’ve spent a few years fine tuning the vpp and geometry so the new ones are bound to ride better than yours. Chucking a new shock isnt going to make your middle age £4k superbike bike feel like a £5k new superbike.

😯
    Is Mike made of money?? £2600 for a new SC frame plus new size fork and wheels… He’ll have dropped +£4k in no time.

That makes a new shock look an absolute bargain…

thered

Scruff’s being a little facetious. I refer you to my previous comment about all the gear.

scruff
    Free Member

No Im being cereal !

thered

New wider bars and the Deville’s on the LTC now, feels better so no real point getting a Bronson or T275. Stoke Swinno’s have sorted me the CCDB at super-duper price so that’ll do me for the mo.

scruff
    Free Member

Try a works slackerizer headset.

thered

I thought about that but the longer crown to race on the Deville’s has improved things so I don’t think it’ll be necessary.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

CCDB on my Ltc Blur. Bought cheapish on pink bike the CCDB was an “Alps trip” upgrade but once I’d riden it, the Fox RP23 never went back on. A ti coil arrived shorlty after the decision to leave the coil shock on too, to saved a bit of weight.

Works fine on the blur.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘CCDB into a Blur LTC instead of an RP23’ is closed to new replies.