Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • CCDB Inline – Anyone put one on a Bronson ?
  • lowey

Thoughts ?

Toying with the idea of replacing the CTD with one.

Thanks.

mtbscoop
    Free Member

I was toying with the idea for a while as wasn’t very happy with the CTD shock on mine. A few friends have the CCDBA-CS which they raved about, but I didn’t want the extra weight as the whole reason for upgrading to the Bronson, was to have a lighter bike than my old Heckler.

So, after much pondering I finally upgraded this weekend and rode it at Coed-Y_brenin and Llandegla. Overall very pleased with it, and much better than the Fox CTD. Not quite got the small bump sensitivity sorted yet, but haven’t really played around with it apart from setting sag. It does seem to enable the bike to corner much better, especially on berms where you can carry more speed through.

Climb switch is great too.

Overall I’m glad I upgraded and I think the shock will get better once I’ve tinkered with the settings.

There are a few forum entries in MTBR (under Santa Cruz) on this upgrade.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Bronson will take a full CCDB Air anyway.

To get the best out of any CC, get it set up by the likes of TF Tuned, or make the effort to spend time going through the set up guide. It’s extensive and requires patience sessioning trails and making notes and adjustments, but the guide tells you what to do. Very impressive. And use the base tune settings from CC’s site for the bike as a starting point. Or as I say, TF will do a good job for you based on details you give them. I’ve not made any adjustments so far based on the settings they did on mine.

Can’t comment about the Bronson with the Inline as have neither, but I have the Mk2 Nomad and the DB Air (with CS) and major improvement over my old RP23. Biggest thing I note is how it both takes the bumps so well and yet it keeps the rear end firmly planted when I need it to be. I never thought I’d notice these kinds of things, but it definitely is a huge improvement.

CS on a VPP… not so sure. I’ve got it so I use it if it’s a very long climb, but like Pro-pedal I’m not sure it’s making a big difference. Though many claim it’s much more of a difference than pro-pedal. What I will say is if you forget to turn it off, the shock is still quite impressive on the bumpy stuff, just slightly firmer. It’s not a lock out basically, just improves climb performance. Generally I forget to turn it off though, so it’s not going to be used much.

GolfChick
    Free Member

the CTD was mega over whelmed on all descents and I was very dissatisfied with it for a long time so I think I was one of the first on the ftuned preorder list for this shock and have had it fitted to my bronson ever since. It’s night and day compared to the CTD, it would always seem to work but everything was chattery and it didnt cope well it was always just surviving. Put on the CC inline and it now feels like its so much more in control and copes with everything now and still feels like it has room and the capabilities to cope with more. Its definitely a worthwhile investment, Ive only changed one dial half a turn from when tftuned sent it to me and never feel like I need to play with it more but I’m not a faffer.

tomhoward

Just replaced the ctdk with an inline on my solo c. Only had a quick shakedown ride so far but it’s looking promising, doesn’t sit anywhere near the same way through the stroke as before, pedals better but feels just as plush. Set up by tft fwiw.

lowey

I’d get it from TF already set up if I was to get one as I cant really be arsed fiddling around for hours on end setting it up.

Sounds promising then. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘CCDB Inline – Anyone put one on a Bronson ?’ is closed to new replies.