Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • CCDB Air CS, XV or not?
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

Decided on one of these for my Covert, can’t find any secondhand so getting a new one, where’s the cheapest place for them? seems to be hibike at the moment.

And do I need an XV air can? It’s a single pivot with a leverage of about 2.6:1 and I weigh about 80kg kitted up

tomhoward

Tf tuned, same price as everyone else, but includes setup and advice on what to go for and mounting hardware.

jimoiseau
    Free Member

Look up the base tune on the cane creek web site and it will tell you if they recommend the XV or not.

chiefgrooveguru

Pretty certain the Covert would need the standard can, maybe with some volume reducers.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Cheers, am tempted by tf as you get all the extras but it is still £100 over eu pricing, and if going to pay rrp I’d rather go to the LBS…

CC site suggests 4 volume spacers so guessing the XV is going the wrong way!

twohats
    Free Member

The fit finder on Cane Creeks website suggests that you don’t need the XV can.
    If you think you can live without the Climb Switch (which you probably can as the shock can be set up with no pedal bob), there’s a guy in Germany who’s been selling brand new DB airs without the packaging but all manuals, volume spacers and adjustment tool. Most of the auctions end at around the £200 ish mark.
    I picked one up the other week for £230.
    He currently has one in the correct length for your bike (assuming your Covert is from 2013 onwards) with the right mounting hardware too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231490337656?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

chrishc777
    Free Member

Cheers, shall keep an eye on that!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘CCDB Air CS, XV or not?’ is closed to new replies.