Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • CCDB air Climb Switch
  • pedlad

Is there any reason not to?

I’m looking at a new frame + shock which will be for my mix of XC, picking some decently steep rocky local lines and trips to FoD, afan and CyB.

the one I’m loking at comes with this shock but is the weight (over and above say a fox ctd) too much of compromise and more suited to full on downhillers and big-air jumpers? Or does it just make the trail come alive;->

Other question I’ve never seen asked/answered here is what is the service and support like for them? I don’t want to get into a Bos-type waiting 6 months for a repair situation but I’ve never heard anyone mention what the service regime is and who provide servicing and support in the UK?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I don’t have one but if you know how to setup suspension I doubt you will regret getting one.

philfive
    Free Member

I have one, brilliant shock and miles better than the competition. Never had to use the warranty but I’ve heard the support is very good.

monkeyninja
    Free Member

I have one on a spitfire its easy to set up and tune…if you like messing with suspension! I don’t have the climb switch but I just add a couple of clicks of low speed rebound and compression for prolonged climbing… would definitely choose it over a ctd. But it depends what, where and how you ride.

monkeyninja
    Free Member

Too many people get hung up about the weight of bikes, components etc… maybe take a big shit before riding will offset the weight penalty of the dbair!

monkeyninja
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say the dbair makes the trail come alive but it does allow my bike to track the ground unbelievably well and offers ridculous amounts of grip.

julians
    Free Member

It weighs approx 300g more than a fox rp23.

Warranty and servicing can be done by tftuned, ive had mine (a non cs version) serviced once, it was turned around in 4 days, so pretty quick really.

You could get yourself into a right mess with it if you fiddled but didnt know what you are doing, but luckily the cane creek website has base settings for a wide range of bikes, so if yours in on there then your sorted. If not then I gather a quick email to cane creek will elicit some starting point settings to get you going.

I found the base tunes on the website to be pretty close to how I ended up by trialand error.

maxtorque

My ccbdair is probably the single best-est bit on my bike 😉

pedlad

All very positive thanks. Reassured that tftuned are able to service if needed.
    300g more weight is neith her nor there in the grand scheme of things is it.

I service my own rp23 currently, is it doable DIY ? There doesn’t seem to be any online guides.

superdan

Slight hijack (sorry). A guy I saw at the weekend (Pearce DH race, but bike was a recent Spec Enduro) had a non-CS DB Air, with a nice little machined lever added to the LSC so I assume he could reach down and send it a couple of clicks closed for climbing.
    Has anyone seen these little levers for sale?

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

I have limited experience of other shocks buy am super pleased with mine, incredibly supple and just seems to perform perfectly in every aspect for me. The climb switch is fantastic, it virtually eliminates all pedal induced bob whilst staying active.

Buy one.

John

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘CCDB air Climb Switch’ is closed to new replies.