Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • CCDB Air and Mojo HD
  • julians
    Free Member

Just ordered a CCDB air from germany for my Mojo HD, wondered if anyone here has the same combination, and therefore any setup tips?

I’ve seen the Cane creek base settings advise on the website, so will be starting from there, but wondering if anyone had any real world feedback?

I’ve also read the MTBR thread on the same, but it seems to be full of whooping and hollering yanks (no surprise I guess), so not sure I can take anything from that.

Pridds

Good post that i was pointed at when sorting out my CCDB air. Its from Knolly but the setup tips and guide will work for any bike
    http://forums.mtbr.com/9390123-post139.html

messiah
    Free Member

I have nothing to add to this thread other than the following picture taken from pinkbike… ooof!

MadPierre

Can’t help but interested in what difference it makes compared to the standard Fox when you get it?

BTW there’s a new FB Group set up by Mark from The Bike Chain for UK Ibis owners: http://www.facebook.com/groups/425902034126764/ worth a post there?

toons
    Free Member

out of interest which site did you order from?

godzilla
    Free Member

^ what toons said ^

julians
    Free Member

Thanks all.

I have an irrational hatred of facebook, so wont use it for anything, but thanks for the headsup.

I ordered it from bike-mailorder.de, it should work out at £390 inc shipping. This is without the mounting hardware which I already have.

I think freeflow bikes price of £450 is pretty reasonable for a UK supplier as it includes mounthing hardware – if you need that.

julians
    Free Member

The shock arrived last week, it was fitted at the weekend, and I was able to reuse the mounting hardware from the fox rp23. I just pressed out the bushings using some sockets and a bench vice and pressed them back into the CCDB.

Its set up as per cane creek website base settings,except I reduced the high speed compression damping, and I have it set at ~35% sag, which is pretty much where I had the rp23 sagged to.

First impressions? Small bump sensitivity is much improved, I dont get the chatter that I used to get . Thats all I can say for now, not ridden it over anything more demanding than a set of steps. Will report back when I’ve ridden it over a few rocky peak district descents.

As everyone says , there are lots of adjustments, You get full control of all the compression and rebound damping, plus you get some spacers to tweak the volume of the air chamber to make the spring ramp up more if you need it (I dont think I need these). I can see how it would be very easy to get lost in all the adjustments.

foxman
    Free Member

TFTUNED have just reduced DB coils & airs to £449 inc mounts and postage

julians
    Free Member

another update :-

fiddled with the settings a bit more and realised I had the high speed and low speed rebound settings mixed up, so set it up as per the base hsr and lsr settings, and went for another run in the park.

Small bump is still excellent, larger bump feeling pretty good , but again not really the terrain to test it out on and know for sure. Starting to show the forks up though, forks feeling not at all plush now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘CCDB Air and Mojo HD’ is closed to new replies.