Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • CC DB inline – new version
  • v666ern
    Free Member

So i need to get my old version serviced and TF tuned will upgrade it to the new black IL version for £80 more…is it betterer/worth the extra or just CC’s way of putting a plaster over it?

Opinions please

legend
    Free Member

I’m just watching with interest as I’m hoping for the former – my Inline is absolutely ****ed right now 🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

Do you get a warranty refresh with the upgrade?

v666ern
    Free Member

Ooh not sure Stace, Its only 6 months old and im concerned it has a leak so was going to send it to TF but was after opinions if the new one makes any tangible difference

I have been running one of the new ones for a few months. So far no problems and feels the same as the old one.

darrenspink
    Free Member

No refresh on the warranty. Mine was updated JUST before the 1yr was up so got the standard 3mth service warranty after that, which was a good job as it had to go back two weeks later, then its been back again 2 months after as it begin to sound like shit again. Apparently they missed some scoring on the damper shaft which was obviously replaced. Feels great since, just hope thats it now until its due a normal service!

I would say its worth it if you can afford, if not just for any possible future resale value.

EDIT: BTW im out 3/4 times a week so its gets some good use.

v666ern
    Free Member

feels the same as the old one.

so a clear drop before resistance and the travel starts, slight wheezy noise etc!?

I would say its worth it if you can afford, if not just for any possible future resale value.

Hadnt considered that, valid point ill speak to TF then

cheers all

darrenspink
    Free Member

so a clear drop before resistance and the travel starts

Nope, none of that.

guido

Had mine done. I have a 2014 model and not had any issues with it at all, thought I should get it serviced (as I was swapping bearings) and had the upgrade just because..
    In short I can’t tell any difference performance wise between it before and after. Looks great tho.

marksnook
    Free Member

The inline on my process seems to be running well, after initial teething problems and a lot of playing around it is running sweet! I know that doesn’t help longevity but it’s all I got to offer!

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

A friend of mine has had his done and swears the small bump sensitivity is better. He rides a Santa Cruz Branson.
    Looking at the mods they do. I would say a lot of what they do is to help with reliability issues rather than performance.
    I think the upgrade includes a concave shaped diaphragm in the gas chamber and a large bush on the damper rod.
    Both those were known issues on the old inline.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘CC DB inline – new version’ is closed to new replies.