Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cc dB inline jumps through first inch of travel
  • jsm

My cc jumps through the first inch of travel. When you sit on the bike its a little sticky then jumps through the first inch of travel. After that it’s fine.Any thoughts? It’s been back to tf before for a warranty service.

scaredypants

nothing wrong with a bit of sag – almost all frames are designed to have some (20-40% or so depending on what sort of bike)

the sticking’s the issue I’d say. Never even seen a CCDB let alone used one – are they notoriously stictiony? (I doubt it)
    do you need to lubricate seals? (I suspect yes)
    are they user-serviceable? (I wouldn’t)

EDIT: Is your frame bent/misaligned ?

euans2
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure they all do that, my old bike done it as did other people I know with a ccdb inline

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

When you say jump, does it feel like a seal folding? (best way I can describe it).

If so, it’s the positive & negative chambers equalising, it’s a ‘feature’ of CC air shocks.

jsm

It’s on a spectral. Cheers for the replies.

chakaping
    Free Member

All I can say is mine feels really controlled and I don’t recognise that at all.

When it went wrong it did so in a different way entirely.

They don’t have the best reputation fit reliability so I’d send out back pronto. It’s probably faulty.

science
    Free Member

That’s the negative air chamber pushing in yourfirst bit of sag

Davesport

It’s on a spectral. Cheers for the replies.

I’d like one of those. What size are you/the bike if you don’t mind me asking ?

TIA, Dave.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cc dB inline jumps through first inch of travel’ is closed to new replies.