Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • CC DB Inline base tune
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve just received my DB Inline and am keen to get it on the bike and start the process of tuning it, however not sure what volume spacers to start with and am looking for any tips/advice form other Inline users as there is not much information on the web or the cane creek forum for my specific bike, a Transition Covert 29, though there are some suggestions for the Covert 26, which i’ll start with. I realise that alot has to do with the kinematics of the bike itself but i’m hoping that rider weight is a good chunk of what thickness of spacer I’d start with. The spacers come as a split ring that you can cut along its length to make up different thicknesses.

So what spacer should I start with? I’m 93KG in my birthday suit and it’s a Transition Covert 29.

Cheers.

chiefgrooveguru

The rider weight should affect the pressure and the four damping circuits (more for all of them) but is least likely to affect the volume spacers, which should relate to the kinematics of the frame and how big you go in the air.

http://linkagedesign.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/transition-covert-29-2013.html

Covert 29 looks like it’ll need as many volume spacers as you can fit in the shock!

wobbliscott
    Free Member

You mentioned on a previous post about the regressive rate when I was querying about coil shocks hence the Inline purchase. I’ll start off with maxed out spacers then and take it from there.

Thanks.

chiefgrooveguru

You’ll also probably find you don’t need all that much low speed compression damping (because the leverage is high around the sag point) whilst you’ll need more than usual high speed compression to stop it bottoming. Have you downloaded the app?

darrenspink
    Free Member

I found my inline didn’t need any more than two small strips of spacers for my Transition Scout.
    In regards to a base tune, start with the factory default and go from there. Download the app a chief says and tune it from there. May take a bit of time for you to find the type of tune you like but its worth it to understand more about shocks.

kirky72
    Free Member

Just got one of myself. Feels pretty good with the supplied tune on a spectral.

However I read up and just trid to add a couple of clicks more Low speed compression to make it even more pedal efficient, it describes as being literally in clicks however when turning with the Alan key I can not feel anyway at all an obvious click. It just turns one way or the other like a bolt would making it difficult if not impossible to say how much I have added or taken away and what position it is in.

Is this the norm or have I got a faulty one.

chakaping
    Free Member

It just turns one way or the other like a bolt would making it difficult if not impossible to say how much I have added or taken away and what position it is in.

Is this the norm or have I got a faulty one.

I’ve had a few Inlines and they have varied in how clicky they are.

Some I had no problem telling at all, one was more like the tick of a watch hand than a click. Very subtle.

Give TF Tuned a bell and ask for Dave, he must have worked on more than anyone else in the UK.

legend
    Free Member

Worth downloading the Cane Creek app for having a fettle, at the very least it’s a handy place to record your settings.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘CC DB Inline base tune’ is closed to new replies.