Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Cbeebies – show me show me
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

the Chinese woman is **** annoying – that is all

molgrips
    Free Member

She’s of Vietnamese origin afaik and she’s lovely.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

ah well, **** annoying tho. What is “lovely” about a short dumpy woman?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

What is “lovely” about a short dumpy woman?

You do realise she’s pregnant at the moment?

Anyone who’s successfully moved on from being a teletubbie is fine by me.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

She’s called Pui, and she was Po the tellytubby. She’s a big hit in our house.

Schweiz
    Free Member

She’s British. If I was her I wouldn’t be thrilled to be referred to as “that Chinese woman”

But she does have Chinese ancestry. I bet those teletubby suits are sweaty.

HTH

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I must admit I am not a fan and neither are our girls.

marco
    Free Member

did you know teletubbies was written by a room full of chimps all taking LSD and crack cocaine!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What REALLY gets my goat with almost all children’s tv is the moralistic stories – all this ‘it’s not the winning, it’s the taking part’ type of rubbish getting force fed to kids.

That and the whingy characters – such as the ginga in Fireman Sam, Jake from Tweenies or the bassist from Zingzillas. They all need good slaps.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Like her or not, she’s a tick in the BBCs ethnic diversity box … all the BBC’s missing now is an Australian Aborigine, an Amazon Indian and an Inuit

Teletubbies is/was immensely irritating to watch as a parent.
    In the Night Garden is a close 2nd in the irritating stakes.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

bristobiker – being pregnant does not give you fat arms and a fat face

joao3v16
    Free Member

What REALLY gets my goat with almost all children’s tv is the moralistic stories – all this ‘it’s not the winning, it’s the taking part’ type of rubbish getting force fed to kids

+1 or more to this

Garry_Lager

That and the whingy characters – such as the ginga in Fireman Sam, Jake from Tweenies or the bassist from Zingzillas. They all need good slaps.

Tang is the same actor who played Iggle Piggle – the annoying wee blue bollox. Incestuous business, cbeebies.

DezB
    Free Member

bassist from Zingzillas. They all need good slaps.

Slap bassist? Bring on Mark King! 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

What is “lovely” about a short dumpy woman?

Perhaps things other than her appearance? She seems really nice and to have a good sense of humour.

being pregnant does not give you fat arms and a fat face

Yeah it does. Frequently anyway.

What REALLY gets my goat with almost all children’s tv is the moralistic stories – all this ‘it’s not the winning, it’s the taking part’ type of rubbish getting force fed to kids

That’s the stuff that our kid doesn’t care for. The good stories are the ones she goes for.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Not a fan of said program.

I prefer to watch the nipple on Bandit’s stump move about.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Whereas “i can cook” katy is tasty as!

Yup, she is my Cbeebies guilty pleasure 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

Bit of a antidote to all your hating of the ‘do gooding stories’

View post on imgur.com

puppypower
    Free Member

I fancy Mr Bloom. Must. Get. A. Life.

coffeeking
    Free Member

bristobiker – being pregnant does not give you fat arms and a fat face

You ever met a pregnant woman? Doesn’t sound like it. I’d go for at least 50% being larger in the arms and face than their normal state. Pretty standard practice as far as I can see.

🙄

Wish I’d never opened this thread!

marsdenman
    Free Member

Opened this little ditty thinking I might find a top tip for cbeebies viewing action with my godson these next few days….

LoCo – have to confess though, that did make me smile 🙂

spacemonkey

I can put up with it in the background but can’t say I’m a fan.

Current favs inc;

– Koala Brothers (except Mizzy – she’s annoying)
    – Octonauts (always good)
    – Ministry of Curious Stuff (weird but wonderful – image Vic n Bob/Angelos for kids)

Can’t stand Waybaloo – all they do is invite children to run after them then do some kind of floating yoga.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

That’s the stuff that our kid doesn’t care for. The good stories are the ones she goes for.

Our two too – thankfully they have moved on to ‘Alien’ (E.T. actually), Bolt, Mary Poppins, Wallace & Gromit, Toy Story and stuff like that.

They are fascinated by Justin Fletcher though.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ohh and they loved ‘Roar’ too – the one set at Longleat Safari Park so I am hoping that new one with Andy (Andy’s Animal Adventures???) will be a good substitute as Roar has just finished.

And they love Meerkat Manor too. 🙂

spacemonkey

Leave Tang and the rest of his primate friends alone. They’re cool.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Can we all agree that Justin Fletcher needs some pretty hefty torturing though?

bobbyg81
    Free Member

It’s Mister Maker that needs a hefty cockpunch! Everything about the wacky bellend is infuriating.

Nina from Nina and the Neurons however. Bang tidy!

Bagstard
    Free Member

Anyone seen the Bumps? They look a right dubious pair, very wrong!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

bristolbiker- when my missus was pregnant she didn’t turn in to a fat biffer – so yes have first hand experience cheers

bristolbiker
    Free Member

bristolbiker- when my missus was pregnant she didn’t turn in to a fat biffer – so yes have first hand experience cheers

Whoa there fella – 2 others have pointed that a bit of padding is par for the course during pregancy, which is my experience of pregnant wife/friends as well. If you’ve managed to snag a super-Amazonian-wonder-woman (TM), impervious to the presence of a parasite in her belly for 9 months then more power to your arm – Pui may be just one fo the masses. Just saying, like 😉

bobbyg81
    Free Member

when my missus was pregnant she didn’t turn in to a fat biffer – so yes have first hand experience cheers

Probably due to fear from your attitude towards a little weight gain during pregnancy!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

no because she didn’t use it as an excuse to pig out and she exercised, no real reason to gain weight apart from the actual baby weight if you are sensible and eat well/exercise. Just like the rest of life

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Well isn’t she wonderful!

bristolbiker
    Free Member

no real reason to gain weight apart from the actual baby weight

Medical advice seems to disagree http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/weightgain/ amoungst many other references with broadly similar numbers.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

I think you’d be aswell speaking to a brick wall mate.

Everyone can and should be thin. No reason not to be. **** idiot!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

bobbyg – sounds like jealousy on your behalf

rob-jackson
    Free Member

bb you appear to link to weight gain rather than fat increase

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Absolutely not. I just think there is no need to slag people for putting on a little weight. Especially during pregnancy. It’s pretty rude.

FWIW I think both presenters of Show Me are annoying arses.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

not slagged anyone off – just said at the top that she was chubby, you pointed out that as she was pregnant she should be, i disagreed. Thats essentially you slagging people off for NOT putting weight on. You have your ideas i have mine – thats that.

at the end of the day the chubby woman of asian descent who may pregnant off cbeebies gets on my tits. Good job i didn’t mention the fact that she appears to be a person of restricted growth also!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Cbeebies – show me show me’ is closed to new replies.