Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • cavitated shock again
  • cubist
    Free Member

Got an RP23 that got cavitated earlier this year. I had it serviced and it was fine until the last ride when it started squelching again. It’s been ridden about 400-500 miles. Is this an issue that once its happened its likely to keep reoccurring? Am I better off biting the bullet and replacing it or have I just been unlucky?

RickDraper
    Free Member

Just unlucky imho.

scottalej
    Free Member

Does it stop squelching once it has warmed up? If so, just use it. I’ve had my shock back to Mojo and TF in an effort to stop the squelching including a new air canister.

legend
    Free Member

New air can to try and stop the damper squelching? Not sure how that was gonna work.

If you can’t notice a performance drop off, just run keep running it until you want to send it off

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Let all the air out of the shock… Unscrew the air can. Cycle the damper a few times. Can you hear the “squelch”? The fox air cans have a tiny blow through port to charge the negative air cavity (when you pump up the shock air pressure in both equalises). As the piston moves past this hole, float fluid can rush through and make a really loud squelching sound! Usually happens when the shock return to full extension. Some are noisier than others but on all the shocks I have had (float, 2xrp23,2 x ctd) they have all made a noise to some degree or another. My latest was sent back to mojo as it was so noisy and they replaced the air can (there was a QC issue with the machined bypass feature). Worth looking at.

If it still feels fine I would just ride it to be honest.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘cavitated shock again’ is closed to new replies.