Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cav has lost Renshaw
  • RealMan
    Free Member

To Rabobank apparently. I guess this is sort of good news, will be very interesting to watch Renshaw vs Cav, I’ve always wondered how good Renshaw would be on his own. Good news for Australia too.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-renshaw-to-be-number-one-sprinter-at-rabobank

Tony Martin looking to join Leopard Trek, and Cav looks to be joining Sky (where else, now?).

Leopard Trek should be unstoppable with the riders they have got/will have, Andy just needs to step his game up.

pjt201
    Free Member

hmm, a few industry people on twitter are suggesting that this is not a done deal yet…

trickydisco
    Free Member

how about Matt Goss?

Watched Marck cavendish the Human missile last night. God, matt goss is amazing

Chainline
    Free Member

Cav ‘might’ have lost Renshaw, very careful wording, and assuming of course Cav is going to Sky, still conjecture…

If true, I think its bad news for both of them. They make a fantastic team and will win less as a result.

Crell
    Free Member

I look forward to a “where is Mark?” version of this.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubEfM5npOvo[/video]

I think it’s really good news that Renshaw is going to do his own thing, but I’m a bit surprised. Asyou say it will be good to watch them race. I thought Cav would go with him and Eisel to sky as he’s pretty much said that during the tour.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

how about Matt Goss?

Green Edge I assume.

rootes1

Matt Goss?

from bros?

😆

ps shame HTC could not raise the sponsorship

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Crell, that’s ace!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I must’ve missed it but when did Cav imply he was going to Sky??

trail_rat
    Free Member

leopard trek were supposed to be unstopable this year – on paper they were … shame the schlecks couldnt do it when it mattered …

tony martin wont really help that fact ….

gilbert will be one to watch next year he appears to have a top dog spot

DaRC_L

Cav AFAIK has never implied he was going to Sky – UK journo’s have.

Why would Cav want to go to Sky anyway; if Wiggo’s still up for tilting at Yellow that contradicts Cav’s desire for green.
    Anyone remember how many medals Cav got at the last olympics?

speaker2animals

I had assumed that Renshaw would go to Green Edge with Goss. Thinking about it though, like Greipel who wants to be a follower all their career? With HTC split it is ideal time to become your own sprinter, rather than (an excellent) lead out man? Who in ten years time is going to brag of all the wins that you lead Cav out to. But then again, maybe Cav will be going to Rabobank.

Bit surprised about Tony Martin, if true. Isn’t he being slatted as a GC man? Not sure whether it would be good for him to have to cow tow to the Schlecks OR for the Bros when the team seems to be built around there GC “success”? But maybe he’s coming on as the new Spartacus?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

DaRC_L yup agreed and we could have the whole Cav to Sky debate again and again, moving to Sky would be a bad bad move IMO!
    Why does Cav’s Olympic medals (well lack of) have anything to do with it? I would much rather win TdF stages than Olympic medal but each to their own.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Anybody else well up slightly watching Cav win the first 2010 TdF stage in that youtube film linked to above?

Thanks for posting that link, excellent watch.

Travis

Wasn’t Cav fault he didn’t get a medal. Someone wanted to go for all the glory, and didn’t have it in him.

RealMan
    Free Member

Theo Bos is such an awesome name. Only needs the slightest typo.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cav has lost Renshaw’ is closed to new replies.