• This topic has 86 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by G.
Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Cav accused of 'racist' remarks!
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

Spectacular troll btw

Where?!

Hakuna matata, bitches! 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

G – Member

…………………………………..

I'm not totally sure what you do for a living, but I suspect its not neccessarily at the coal face of life so to speak, dealing with the rough and the ready on a personal and intimate basis. Basically your holier than thou politically correct attitude will do little good in most such situations, apart from pissing people off and getting up peoples backs. If you genuinely want to deal with underlying racism may I suggest that you reduce your "trolling" to a mere crescendo! You may get a better result, always assuming that is your objective.

I will answer that – foolhardy tho it may be. Please note I did not cry "racism"

I work right at the front line. Bank work in healthcare and I have worked with groups from drug addicts and offenders in prisons to elderly mentally infirm.

I have travelled widely on every continent of the world. I have lived penniless on the street and I have been well off. I have seen more of life than the majority of people at a guess.

I do find it very amusing the vast over reaction to a couple of short posts pointing out that stereotyping all french as cowards could be seen as offensive given the suffering in the wars and the heroic actions of the Maquis. Thats all I did. Cue major frothing at the mouth from a few folk.

G – do you not think you over reacted slightly? I have posted this to try to show that I am not as you seem to see me. I like to get people to question their actions and words. there is IMO a subtle undercurrent of xenophobia on this site. Sometimes I like to challenge it.

PJ266
    Free Member

I think theres a subtle undercurrent of xenophobia everywhere nowadays. Its when people arent smart enough to realise that its merely taking the piss and are influenced by it is when it becomes a problem.

zokes
    Free Member

+1

tankslapper
    Free Member

+2

(But I think TJ is in for a sledging frankly)

rolfharris
    Free Member

I find racist and xenophobic jokes pretty funny.

I guess that makes me a xenophobe and a racist, even though I don't dislike any race or nationality*.

I'm over it, the world goes on. I have to laugh at summink, don't I?

*'cept the germans. They're always really rude to me and they don't wash their dishes.

G
    Free Member

G – do you not think you over reacted slightly? I have posted this to try to show that I am not as you seem to see me. I like to get people to question their actions and words. there is IMO a subtle undercurrent of xenophobia on this site. Sometimes I like to challenge it.

Ha! I knew you'd bite eventually, So thats trolling right back at yer TJ 😉

Actually I pretty much agree with what you say most of the time, but absolutely not the CESM thing. I do honestly believe that by constantly carping about these things you are missing the real point. There are national traits and people do conform to them. That though is not necessarily negative, nor is it so to enjoy some banter over it. Where things become a problem is where people do get serious about these issues, like for instance believing that Afro Carribeans are lazy, or prone to drug abuse or somethign equally stupid. Or to the contrary believing that becuase of some banter about CESM, that intelligent and articulate people actually believe that the French are collectively cowards. In terms of the French, the real story is that in the 20th century they have as a nation been quite clever at manipulating international politics to their own benefit, some might say wisely refusing to become involved in things that don't concern them, and perhaps wisely taking a non confrontational path in a situation where there was little they could do about their circumstances. Who knows how we would have been in the same situation.

In short, its better out than in, at least it can as you say be discussed and perhaps addressed that way. If its driven underground that will not resolve anything, presuming of course it needs resolving.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Cav accused of 'racist' remarks!’ is closed to new replies.