Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Cav
  • Klunk
    Free Member

on 5 live at the moment

Klunk
    Free Member

any claims that Sky was a done deal were wrong then.

clubber
    Free Member

What did he say then?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Wants to be with a team that offers the best chance of winning. Surely that’s HTC with their new sponsor.

Klunk
    Free Member

he only made his mind up saturday.

clubber
    Free Member

So what did he actually say? That he’s signed with HTC again?

Klunk
    Free Member

he still hasn’t said who he’s signed for, he did say there was something extra added to the deal that made his mind up, saturday in Eindhoven.

toys19
    Free Member

Was on bbc breakfast and the today program. Very modest. Bigged up the team. Top bloke.

carbon337
    Free Member

Thought he was gona release it at the end there. But the way he said near the end “how do you know i will be joining another team” seems to suggest he is staying where he is – IMO the best place if Renshaw stays too.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Was on bbc breakfast and the today program. Very modest. Bigged up the team. Top bloke.

That’s what I thought.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

He looked like a lost little boy on that sofa! He’s a very endearing character and a brilliant rider. I hope he does the business in the Worlds and the Olympics as it will have a huge impact on the popularity of the sport…

Not to mention the number of barely-used Specialized McClaren Venge framesets going cheap on the classifieds… 😉

theotherjonv

I thought he came across really well on the Today program:

“So after the Tour de France you were racing again on the Tuesday? Rebecca Adlington said she was taking two weeks off?”

“Yes, because I’m a professional sportsman, it’s my job to race and it’s what the sponsors pay for”

llama

about what time was the interview on the today program? so as I can get it on iplayer

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

NO surprise that everything about Sky so far may have been a rumour, Cav tweeted a while back that a lot of the news they were publishing was information from LAST year not this one! Oh can you get any of the interviews of today on i-player? at work so couldnt’ listen. Boo but I’m a Cav lover!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The guy doing the interview on the Beeb breakfast show is utterly pants, though, isn’t he?
    Don’t call him “Cav” on air, unless you actually know him well enough!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

He was a bit overly chummy! Not the easiest person to interview I would imagine though!

blades2000
    Free Member

Think it was 8:25 on the Today program according to his twitter feed.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

BBC link here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14370974

EDIT : Didn’t the new sports guy used to do Newsround ? I think he should go back to kids programms. Mind you, it was painful listening to all the sports commentators mangling the names of the riders during the TDF.

Klunk
    Free Member
    RealMan
    Free Member
    Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Just listening to Cav on 5live, he comes across as really articulate but then I have always been a Cav lover! Worth a listen to those who have missed it, it is on the Victoria Derbyshire podcast about 6 mins in.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Munqe-chick – Member
    Just listening to Cav on 5live, he comes across as really articulate but then I have always been a Cav lover! Worth a listen to those who have missed it, it is on the Victoria Derbyshire podcast about 6 mins in

+1

thats the best I have heard him. Would be awesome if he won the worlds this year !!

Seems to have lost some of the awkwardness.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yep, this is a fantastic interview. Love it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Only just got round to listening to the radio interview. Brilliant.

His passion for cycling was palpable, and he came across as a really humble, brilliant sportsman.

His take on doping was also superb. Along the lines of “Of course you see more evidence of doping in cycling, cycling’s actually doing something to cut it out of the sport”. *Applauds*

Also, love the video footage of them on the Champs with Renshaw “barging in” to a colleague…! 😉

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Cav’ is closed to new replies.