Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Caught speeding today 130mph+
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I’ll send the payment via PP and my courier will come and collect the car

Can you mark the payment as a gift rather than a purchase please 😉

evilsovereign
    Free Member

WCA. you sir, are a legend. that sure is a damn fine car.
    ps. where do you fit the bike rack?

bullheart
    Free Member

I once watched WCA drive some sort of Japanese screaming thing up to the YHA car park at Holmbury at about 45 mph. With two bikes hanging out of the boot.

If you’ve parked at the YHA for a ride in the North Downs, then you’ll understand exactly what this will do to your car.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Bike rack is the one parked nearest the garage door.

New toy is the nearest one.

the one in the middle is due to be rebodied

footflaps

http://www.rsportscars.com/mercedes-benz/2005-mercedes-benz-kleemann-slk-55k-s8/

I hate to think what a new set of discs and pads will cost…..

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Don’t use brakes and don’t worry about costs

brakes
    Free Member

hairdresser’s name
    hairdresser’s car

you are he, and I claim my something for the weekend

ciderinsport
    Free Member

I woke this morning and thought about my day ahead….

A trip out with worldclassaccident in a 600bhp car on wet roads…. what could possibly go wrong!!

Well, surprisingly nothing did! I lived!

That car is the monkeys nuts :-). It just makes you smile!
    The noise…
    The acceleration…
    The refinement…
    The music… (OK, Jenifer rush isn’t to everyone’s liking!)
    And of course the chat… (Between accelerations!!)

The downside – when offered a drive, I had to decline due to not being insured… 🙁

WCA – I’m still giggling like a girl! Thanks for the trip.

globalti
    Free Member

I drove an Aston on a track and hated it; it was lumpy, heavy and the pedals were too close together. On the other hand the Ferrari 360 that I jumped into next was superb; absolutely raw and so exciting to drive hard. Got to do that again soon.

unovolo
    Free Member

Although most of the cars mentioned on here are pretty awesome I’d imagine most of us have nothing like the skill to get the bestout of them,
    For tooling around I’d love to have one of these:-

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Last Friday I did a Porsche track day at Silverstone and spent half a day flying around the corners as fast as I dared, it was just awesome but they wouldnt let me drive the GT4 they had, aparently the new owner wouldnt like it, boooo, hissss. still just amazing. but i think anything with an engine quickly become expensive and would bankrupt me. back to bikes.

easygirl

Like the rebody idea
    Have you any links to details

totalshell

whats with the hard ons for track days.. why not use race tracks for what they were intended..

then you ll quickly realise two things.. fast cars are easy to drive at sub race speeds, slow cars need much more ability to drive at speed and that your most likely to be not a fast driver of either especially the former..

epicsteve
    Free Member

It has lots of airbags and does 27mpg – these aren’t reasons I like it but they were mentioned earlier.

27mpg! That sounds a little unlikely unless it’s what you get tootling along at 60mph. My Merc is only a little 2.5V6 and I average 20-21mpg with that. The only times it sees better than 27mpg is on motorway runs at moderate speed.

jimster
    Free Member

Those Morgan’s do look fun – trouble is at weekend’s the factory has “open” days where you get to pay a fee and drive a Morgan around, the road by us becomes more of a racetrack than at 5pm when everyone’s knocking off! 😯

They do one in a Ford GT40 Gulf paintjob – very classy indeed. 8)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

epicsteve – This picture is from the one I am selling (CL500 – https://mercedesclforsale.wordpress.com/) after a trip along the M4 . I will try and get one of the new car next time I do a reasonable distance and am not playing.

Brakes – Not really my look. I am normally somewhere between these two

and

Rosss
    Free Member

Drove an R8 briefly on a soaked track yesterday, The thing is a complete animal. Despite it hammering down I touched 100 down a tiny straight and blitzed a f430 from a hairpin, it cornered perfectly the 4 wheel drive system made everything so smooth – What a car. I’ve since spent the time looking for somewhere that does a longer track day, more than 2 laps. Can anyone help?

cyrilswan
    Free Member

Bought a Volvo XC90 last night.

Yeah I know. Wildman.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I’ve since spent the time looking for somewhere that does a longer track day, more than 2 laps. Can anyone help?

Have a look on Book A Track or Javelin – you can rent an MX5 with Javelin or an R300 with BAT if you’ve got the plums. Plenty fast enough…

http://bookatrack.com/-pE_Trackday-Calendar.html

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Caught speeding today 130mph+’ is closed to new replies.