• This topic has 52 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by dot.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Catton Park is a great venue for mtb racin!(Enduro6 content)
  • postierich
    Free Member

Superb course well organised with lots of bluebell strewn singletrack.
    Just a tad bumpy on my rigid had to change bikes after 6 laps.

Roll on SITS and cheers to Taz for letting with enter

Rich

druidh
    Free Member

Has the forest section been resurfaced then?

postierich
    Free Member

If you meen bluebell woods it has been resurfaced which resulted in lots of sliding out but it improved after a lot of tyres tearing through it

0091paddy
    Free Member

Great racing, great course and great weather! What more could we want, and I’m happy as I didn’t get a single puncture 😀

underthesun
    Free Member

Yep great course but it battered me on my hardtail. Great ride by you postie.

Bad idea for me to try out High 5 energy drink for the first time at the race as I had mouthfuls of puke in my mouth on numerous occasions which I had to flob out :O(

postierich
    Free Member

Seem to lots of race heads puncturing probably due to overtaking through some ST that was thorn hell,no punctures here but have not checked for thorns as I was running tubeless :P.

druidh
    Free Member

underthesun – Member

Yep great course but it battered me on my hardtail.

Seriously?

0091paddy
    Free Member

Was gonna say, my hard tail was fine on the course. Make sure you aren’t running too higher pressure in the rear tyre.

As for going tubeless, I didn’t get round to sorting it out before the event, plenty of people on tubeless were getting flats too…

soops
    Free Member

Well done to everyone today.
    Really enjoyed watching you all.
    If you give me your number i will check if i have any pics of you.
    I took loads!!

😀

postierich
    Free Member

Soops No 71

soops
    Free Member

Got 2 of you mate send me an e-mail.
    Ones ok, the other is a bit dark.

markenduro
    Free Member

No punctures here but running tubeless which probably helped.
    Good course, the night time trial last night was also pretty good, managed 39th in that which I don’t think was too shabby for me. Quite a few braking bumps towards the end but overall a good mix between singletrack and wide tracks which allowed the faster people to get past me. Slightly disappointed at the lack of trade stands there, I would have thought more people would have wanted to sell stuff at the beginning of the year, wiggle only had demo bikes there and no stand. Struggled a bit towards the end breathing all of the dust in, never thought I would be complaining about dusty trails! Soops, number 305 if you have any photos, where were you stood?
    Overall a good event and a good venue, have entered sits solo so need to do a bit more training before then.

0091paddy
    Free Member

Hey Soops, glad you enjoyed watching!

I was number 248 btw.

Dasha
    Free Member

I did the fun solo and although tired towards the end I enjoyed the course and the organisation. my face is like a lobster though; I didn’t anticipate weather that good! All in all a quality day out!

dot
    Free Member

2 punctures,
    9 laps,
    1 off and bloody knee,
    1 Chinese takeaway,
    ace day !

Soops do you have any of no. 47?

shinsplints

You do realise that soops might be grooming you all ? 😯

markenduro
    Free Member

You do realise that soops might be grooming you all

Good, I’m about ready for a haircut and a shave, might save me some money:)

shinsplints

LOL

underthesun
    Free Member

druidh – Not sure if you did it solo or not but for me the Orbea would have been fine in a pairs team lap on lap off but doing it solo the frame is that stiff and the tractor ruts and horse tracks battered me up big time. I would have been better on the short travel full sus but thats hindsight.

shinsplints

soops & other stw members pictured earlier :

mAx_hEadSet

Oddly I rode around with anti flat inner tubes passing numerous riders suffering the effects of not doing so… for a little extra weight I find they are well worth the nonsense on the hack bike even if i have to use schraeder.. your van was looking nice today Postie

DaveGr
    Free Member

Really enjoyed the course today despite suffering a bit of a lull in the middle due to some iffy sports drink. Even the fast riders (with one exception) were courteous !!!! And the weatherproofing seems to have improved things. Oh and ran tubeless so no punctures. Only problem with the bike was having to lube the chain after 4 hours due to the dry and dusty conditions 😯

crazy-legs

Yeah, there seemed to be a lot of punctures out there today. Great course though, lovely weather only clouding over towards the end. Bluebells, sunshine, some really close racing, proper coffee served at the refreshment tent, what more could you want? 🙂

I’ve had a look through my pics, will get them sorted and online in the next day or so.

topangarider
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it today – course rode much faster than last year. No punctures here either. Those hard fields dod batter me a bit on the hardtail, but would take them over energy sapping soft stuff anyday!

Great route, great atmos and great weather – a perfect sunday!

Soops – No 445 if you’ve got any – cheers.

soops
    Free Member

Grooming is not one of my strong points!
    Did you not see my hair from behind the camera.

0091paddy
    dot
    markenduro

I will have a trawl through the photos for you and forward any on to you.

😀

lordmerchant09
    Free Member

just got back myself, was my furst event, and it was great, was impressed with the course, loved the last blast downhill, if anybody has any photos of 334 I would be grateful, my race pic was blurry as hell!

joolzed
    Free Member

I’m just uploading my selection from today…
    Joolze

Daniel
    Free Member

Hi soops, have you got 289 & 290?

Cheers, Dan.

franki
    Free Member

Looks like a good one!

Postie, what’s that jersey you’re wearing with the tartan sleeve???

weeble
    Free Member

Great day out.

How many riders were in the Men’s fun Solo Category?

beej

135 in Men’s Fun Solo. I was very happy with my 31st!

postierich
    Free Member

Just behind you beej 32nd

stumpy01

Soops….any chance you could have a look for 107 & 146 too please.

Was a great day & thanks to 0091paddy for the place – was nice to meet you.

I didn’t puncture and was amazed at how many people seemed to be having mechanicals/punctures. I even went past one bloke who’d ripped his rear mech & hanger off!! I went for Fire XCs over my slightly faster Speed Kings as the Fire XCs are a doddle to get off, whereas the SKs aren’t and it’s not worth 5secs/lap if you then have to stop for 15 mins cos you can’t get your tyre off and back on again!

It was my first attempt at a long solo really and I managed 7 laps. Could have gone for 8, but decided to have a decent rest before going out and getting one more in. Even around my final lap, I kept thinking of speeding up to get through the start/finish before the 6hrs was up to get another one in. But, I only did it for a bit of fun so wasn’t going to kill myself and that grassy climb near the start after you double back on the outgoing riders was a killer towards the end!

stumpy01

Are the results up? Can someone post a link??

postierich
    Free Member
    soops
    Free Member

0091paddy you have no e-mail address
    mine is in my profile

topangarider sorry mate none of you.

soops
    Free Member

dot e-mail me for a pic

beej

Postierich – no, you are still 32nd – just on row 33 of the spreadsheet.

soops
    Free Member

lordmerchant09 and beej sorry no pics of you guys 🙁

daniel have pics of you both. e-mail me

stumpy01 e-mail on it’s way

postierich one e-mail keeps bouncing back. have you received anything?

😀

topangarider
    Free Member

I thought you had to be racing when the 6hr gun went, so why are people on the same no. of laps but with a time below 6hrs (5:59:30 for eg.) ahead of 6:00:34, for eg.??

Surely if they crossed the line before 6hrs, they’d have to go out again?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Catton Park is a great venue for mtb racin!(Enduro6 content)’ is closed to new replies.