Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Cats Going Walkies
  • Delbert
    Free Member

Our year old Bengal has been missing since sunday evening. He’s seemed a bit restless lately so we’re hoping he’s just gone off to find a lady friend. Anyone elses cats do this and how long have they been gone for?

In the meantime, if there’s anyone in Plymouth can you keep your eyes out for this little fella

tinker-belle
    Free Member

I did have a male cat when I was younger who had not been snipped who went walk abouts for a week, came back a bag of bones but seemed happy to stay at home after that.

I hope he comes back home soon, looks a very handsome chap.

PS – does he have a tag with either your address or telephone number on it?

Delbert
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s what we’re hoping. He did have a collar but tried to choke himself on it so we left it off. We had been meaning to get him chipped and really wish we had.

Have put details with all the local vets and rescue centres. He’s a fantastic cat, but as one of the vets said he’s also quite stealable.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hora
    Free Member

That pic is funny- hes like our dog- if your not staring at him he’ll stand in the way of the screen etc to become your attention! All the best.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Ours went missing for about 4 days and returned home injured, but he’s fine now. He may well be stuck in a shed or garage so it’s worth a quick chat with the neighbours to ask them to check for him.

Delbert
    Free Member

That was one of our thoughts so we’ve put the word around. It’s the not knowing that’s the hard part, keep expecting him to storm in at any moment in his usual vocal way.

mrsflash
    Free Member

It’s the not knowing that’s the hard part, keep expecting him to storm in at any moment in his usual vocal way.

It is horrible, it really is 🙁 I hope he’s home soon.

Surfr
    Free Member

One of ours went for a week from Saturday to Saturday. He came back as if nothing was the matter and he looked absolutely fine. No idea what he’s been up to, but he’s not left for any amount of time again since then. presume he was trapped somewhere but able to find food. They’re hardy little beasts and will probably survive even in a shed for quite a while.

m_t_b
    Free Member

We have a 6 month old bengal and are weighing up when to let her out of the house it is a tricky one to know when they are ready and if they will come back! Hope yours turns up soon.

Delbert
    Free Member

Thanks all, hopefully we’ll have some good news soon. Good luck m_t_b, you’re going to need it 😀

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

One of our cats went missing and long after we’d given up, moved house, we found him at the side of the road 4 miles from (old) home, nine months later.

Six months go by and he goes missing again. This time he came back on his own after three months.

Potdog
    Free Member

We looked after a cat for friends and he did a bunk out of the back door when the missus went out to put some washing out. A few weeks later and no sign so we had to fess up to our friends when they got back from their trip to Aus.
    7 months later we got a call from the vets to say that “our” cat had just been brought into them injured.

We went up there and it was him, cost us a bloody fortune to get him patched up. He as well fed though, vet reckoned someone had taken him in after he escaped from our “strange” house.

In the meantime, our friends had got another cat. They took him back though and played happy families with their new cat pack!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

our cat peter did it for 10 days or so, we were worried sick. He walsed in one night miaowing for food – i cried 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Oh and here he is now – aww bless him. Tother one never leaves the house – lazy arse!!

MikeT-23
    Free Member

I’m sorry to be the one to break this to you, but your cat has a dirty secret.
    It’s living a double life. It’s batting for the other team. It’s gone over to the dark side.

carlphillips
    Free Member

whereabouts in the muff are you? will keep an eye out for sure..

Delbert
    Free Member

Thanks again for all your replies. Fatmuthahubbard we’re in Tamerton Foliot so not somewhere many people go unless they have to but if you’d keep an eye out that would be great

MikeT-23
    Free Member

sorry Del. It was a great pic that just appeared elsewhere at the right moment, and had to be used.

I really do hope your cat does turn up soon. It looks like a beaut.
    Good luck.

Coyote
    Free Member

Has he had the ‘operation’?

If not, he is probably following his instincts.

It’s also not unknown for cats to ‘own’ multiple humans. He may be at an alternative address.

NZCol

Mine went for a wander for 4 days about a year ago. No idea where he went but he eventually reappeared and since then hasn;t gone anywhere very far. I’d love to GPS him and see what he gets up to fo an evening….

tinker-belle
    Free Member

Any news???

coffeeking
    Free Member

I have a relative that lives darn sarf and breeds bengals, but refuses to let them out of the house, which seems cruel to me. But does sell them for quite a lot of cash so I can see why lol. Our cats never left home for longer than 12 hours.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Cats Going Walkies’ is closed to new replies.