Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cats and Xmas trees!!!
  • donks
    Free Member

Bloody wretched critters, they’re just camped in the tree and have been for the last week. If I’ve replaced one decoration I’ve replaced em all and I’m about ready to take the blasted thing down….they’re more squirrel than cat at the moment… Swines.

diz

We are very surprised this year our two have hardly given the tree a second glance. We bought a real tree this year as a change to the normal artificial one! Don’t know if it has anything to do with the chilled cats?

jag61

all 3 cats have kept away from the tree probably cos just walking past the thing prompts a massive fall of needles it will be bald by xmas 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    z1ppy

New kitten has meant we decided not to bother this year, honestly she’s a nightmare, things regular crash down during the night as she explorers her limits! At the same time, I wouldn’t have it any other way..bloody tortie’s though 🙂

dan1980
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQd1I_-ZPzQ[/video]

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Ours was interested the first year when he was a Kitten and we put up an artificial tree, but hasn’t given it the slightest interest since (and back on ‘real’ trees now)

messiah
    Free Member

Give the cats and kittens some discipline. Our cat and kitten get in trouble when they mess with the tree’s so they are pretty wary of them.

The cat is extremely well behaved and knows better than to mess with the trees, the kitten is a bit more playful but is still getting put away in a room when we go out and at night which limits the trouble.

Gratuitous picture. Maple is trying to find her place in the household… but its not on Lola’s rug yet.

mrmo
    Free Member

One cat doesn’t care, the other, she uses the tree as a store of toys, anything within reach she will remove. Twigs, tinsel, baubles, all fair game.

footflaps

Ours have had a sniff and just completely ignore it.

globalti
    Free Member

Ha ha…. yesterday I washed out the wheelie bins so this morning, it being dry and breezy when I went out for my morning pee on the lawn, I opened the lids to help them dry. Cats were out and five minutes later I heard a massive commotion…. one of the cats had jumped up on the bin and fallen straight in! She was not amused when I laughed at her.

binners

Is your morning pee on the lawn a marking of your territory? A sort of warning display to your neighbours? I’m presuming you do this naked for maximum dramatic effect?

globalti
    Free Member

Naked? Hell no, next door’s milkie might drop the bottles in shock. I’m sure territory marking comes into it in some deeply psychological way but mostly it’s a chance to get some fresh air, check out the riding prospects and it saves flushing the loo and waking everybody up.

binners

Admirable practicality sir! And technically, its multi-tasking.

Back on topic. One of our cats has ignored the tree. The other one just won’t come out from underneath it. Its constantly camped underneath it, because its sussed out that you can’t reach the little bastard to chuck him out!

clubber
    Free Member

Ours ignore the tree (bar the odd play with a bauble) but seem to think that the water in the stand is actually a large drinking bowl for them…

mightymule
    Free Member

Now the tree is up, it seems to be being ignored.

Retreiving the baubles from Evil Black Cat Mk II in order to get them onto the tree however….

He is obviously feeling fully recovered from his Salmonella incident. The little sodlet 😀

messiah
    Free Member

Binners… if you cant get your cat out from under a tree or bed what you need is a childs lightsabre.

Although best make sure the cat doesn’t get it.

binners

😀

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cats and Xmas trees!!!’ is closed to new replies.