Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Catlike helmets, good/bad?
  • ton

looking for a new better vented helmet, one that I can wear all the time. I don’t wear a helmet on the road, and I want to start.

looked at the catlike helmets, and the look pretty well vented.
    anyone use one?

molgrips
    Free Member

Great.

imnotverygood

Yes. I have got a whisper and it is amazingly cool. The vents seem to work very well. The only drawback is that they are bit of an acquired taste when it comes to how they look when they are on your head.

davieg
    Free Member

I like mine, great ventilation and I got it for only £20 when you lot were buying the green Bell enduro lids from Halfords.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’m happy with mine. I’m on my second after doing this to my first a couple of months back:

Given I hit the road hard enough to split the helmet that badly but didn’t even have much of a headache (the knee, hip, shoulder etc; another matter) I bought another one same day. In terms of the helmet itself, it’s light and so well ventilated that I wear caps more often under it than I did my previous lid on cool days.

m360
    Free Member

Watching thread with interest, as I also feel like I should be wearing a helmet on the commute but want something light and super ventilated.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve got a Leaf. Best helmet I’ve had. Doesn’t feel like I’m wearing it. Not as hot as Giro’s I’ve had in the past. Very well made ie other brands you would be looking £80 +

I use mine for Mtb and road. The peak is the only downside as it’s not that easy to put on/take off. To be fair I just leave it off these days. To be fair the road helmets and the leaf (Mtb) look almost identical from the front less the peak

dragon
    Free Member

I have Leaf also which I primarily use for commuting, ace helmet (helped by the fact I got it from a Halfords sale for £20). Pretty light, good coverage, soft touch plastic, well made. Leaf peak can be altered in position fairly easily. Build quality is on a par with other companies top helmets but at a better price IMO.

Lester
    Free Member

ive got 2 cat life leafs.
    both large
    the blue one has never been worn, and the green one just a couple of times.
    i wear a bluegrass which seems to fit my head better, so if you would like my cat leafs at a good price? 🙂

ton

lester, interested mate, how much?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i have a large wide head, the large isn’t suitable for a 62cm circumference bonce, think narrow fitting.

Bregante

I’ve got a leaf and a whisper. Really fit my head nicely and I can get away with a medium (rather than a large in Giro) so don’t look too mushroomy.

eskay

I had a Tako for commuting and it was the most uncomfortable helmet I have ever owned. There are two plastic bits either side of the adjusting wheel with no padding and after a while they create a real pressure point. I stopped wearing it and went back to Specialized.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Eskay if a helmet fits you right you shouldnt need that tightening up much at all

mrchrispy

had a whisper and loved it, used to sit slightly wonky on my head but i reckon that was just the way my head is made. only binned it a few weeks ago and it took quite a bit of jumping up and down on before exploding.

IHN

As someone said above, if you’re generously bonced then be careful. I have a fairly basketball sized head and mine just fits, to the point where I can’t get a buff underneath.

unovolo
    Free Member

Got a Whisper for the roadie and its very light and comfy, seems to suit round shaped heads(like mine).
    I’d recommend them.

Lester
    Free Member

£75 posted for both?
    does that sound fair?

or £50posted for the blue one?

zippykona

Looks good ,fits bad.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of Mixino’s and they’re bloody great.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I had a Leaf and Whisper.
    Made the mistake of trying on the A1 and it fitted much better so I sold the Leaf.
    Just tried on a Kask Mojito and it’s a better fit than my Whisper so I’ll be selling that too (medium, white). Email in profile. Lovely comfy lid, light, very well vented, but as always, fit is key. Was good for me but not perfect.

thejesmonddingo

I’ve got a Leaf,comfy fits me ,feels a lot better than the Giro Xen it replaced,but I’ve never crashed it TBH.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Catlike helmets, good/bad?’ is closed to new replies.