• This topic has 17 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Catlike helmets, anyone use one?
  • crikey
    Free Member

I need a new helmet, having the retention system on my last two slowly die, a spesh something and a Giro thingy. I was considering a Catlike helmet, but am interested in how they feel and can you stick sunglasses in them?

dogtiredandwired
    Free Member

I have one. Not that keen to be honest, but I think that is mostly a fit thing, and everyone’s head is different.

The pads have not lasted we’ll though, which is a more universal issue, though you can get replacements, for a sickeningly expensive £15.

They do take sunnies well though, on the plus side.

crikey
    Free Member

Cheers, I need to try on one, obviously..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    imnotverygood

I have a whisper plus. Love it, very cool in this hot weather. Fits me ok. I have a standard head

crikey
    Free Member

I’ve got a small head, so have always bought Spesh or Giro because they make small helmets. I’ll have to try one on…

jamj1974

Too small for me and I don’t need holes for my ears on the top of the helmet. My cat loves his though – always banging on about the perfect fit and ventilation…

stumpy01

Have you tried Bell helmets? I find them really comfortable.

Not sure about the whole sticking sunglasses thing in them though….

crikey
    Free Member

Gotta be able to put specs in them; it’s a deal breaker if you can’t because I sweat so much that when I climb hills I sweat into my glasses, so I stick them in my helmet, or on my head if I’m not wearing one.

gozarch
    Free Member

Recently bought a lime green Whisper and I love it. Looks great, fits well (once you’ve fiddled around with the straps and added extra pads if you want) and I think would do the job with your sunnies.

Only downside is the ridiculously long straps. I’ve bought a small and the straps are long enough for a horse’s face!

crikey
    Free Member

Cheers all, I just need to find somewhere in Manchester that stocks them now!

Jason
    Free Member

My local Halfords stocks Catlike helmets, not sure if they all do?

crikey
    Free Member

I noticed Halfords seem to be doing them, might pop down tomorrow..

jamesy01
    Free Member

Halfords to try them on, wiggle to save yourself a few quid 😉

crikey
    Free Member

Cheaper in Halfords….

…and I can ride there tomorrow.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Indeed, missed a bargain, Wiggle were punting them out for £44.99 a couple of days ago…

crikey
    Free Member

See, now I want to shout at things!

loddrik
    Free Member

Set out to buy a Catlike, ended up with a Uvex, lightest and comfiest I’ve tried by some distance.

Drac

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Catlike helmets, anyone use one?’ is closed to new replies.