Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cateye Stadium light
  • Mantastic
    Free Member

Just found one in a cupboard at home, superb light. Any ideas where I could get a battery for it? The battery no longer works.

Thanks

allthegear
    Free Member

I have one still working too. The battery is 12V. Just use a lithium pack?

Rachel

Mantastic
    Free Member

Where would I get one of them from? Pretty clueless on such matters

Thanks for your help

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Find a way of testing the bulb before you spend too much. Once they’re blown they’re bin fodder.

Great lights in their day though.

Mantastic
    Free Member

The bulb is good as the battery gives about 10mins. I even have a spare battery hence seeing if I can revive them. Aim is to given them to the wife. I use trouts fine creations

stevemorg2

Try Smudge here – http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/ he knows pretty much everything about batteries

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I still have a light and duff battery too. I’d be keen to hear how you get on. Still think it was one of my best lights.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure it just used a water bottle full of those old 1.2v Ni-Cad batteries, i think in ‘C’ size, the sort that were in Tamiya RC cars. Open it up and have a look.

BigJohn

I think its a HID bulb and the electronics will handle from 13 to 17v. Not certain though.

Doh1Nut

The battery pack is likely to be a NiMH rather than a Li_Ion
    Component Shop is always good for that kind of stuff.
    Highter capacity packs are available for a bit more, but this should still give you an increase in run time.
    This would work with your old charger.

If you do want to go with Li-Ion from Smudge or whoever then you would have to get a new charger also. but the Li-Ion pack would be much lighter. I have an old NiMH Lupine bottle battery and it weights about a kilo on its own.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cateye Stadium light’ is closed to new replies.