Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cateye Daylites 2 twin – given to me for free
  • dawson

I have been given a set of the above – i have no idea if they are working..

I have tried charging with the Cateye charger, but i don't think its working… there was another homebrew transformer/charger in the box that looks like it may charge the battery.

BUT I have just read some of the reviews here it looks a bit rubbish!

is it worth getting a new/different type of battery to get these working or should i just go for one of those DX jobbies?

dawson

sunday night bump!

Ratty
    Free Member

RC-230; likely to be quite old, and the batteries don't like being left flat for a long while – could be dead. Plus there's a fuse inside that could have blown – need to unscrew the case to get to it tho'. Also check for broken wires (especially near the switch) and dodgy connectors.

They were 'adequate' lights in their day, limited run time and a bit weighty, but bright enough to ride with in the days when everyone else was using similar systems. Many of us started nightriding with these or Smartlights.

Not really worth the expense of a new battery, it would still be way outperformed by most modern LEDs, DX or similar probably a better bet.

dawson

Ratty – thanks for your response

I have had a fiddle and I think the battery is fubar'd – i checked the fuse and that looked fine.

I agree its not really worth spending any money on these as they are old technology.

I'm going to keep an eye on the DX jobbies…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cateye Daylites 2 twin – given to me for free’ is closed to new replies.