Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cat was sick in the night
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Had roast chicken last night so gave the cat a tiny bit.
    During the night the cat must have been sick as there was cat sick on the kitchen floor with bits of hair !

Cat seemed happy as larry this morning and was going mad for her morning feed, keen to get out and play.

So Im guessing its all fine and dandy and she probably had to much chicken/not used to it.

My main concern is that none of us get cat aids !

Jamie
    Free Member

During the night the cat must have been sick as there was cat sick on the kitchen floor

Another case solved, Sherlock.

Houns

You’ll be fine and so will the cat. Probably a fur ball

globalti
    Free Member

Cats barf from time to time. Wait until half a mouse comes up!

househusband

Cats barf from time to time. Wait until half a mouse comes up!

Indeed! There’s only one thing worse than finding a dead mouse inside the house and that’s half a dead mouse inside the house…

loddrik
    Free Member

Our 3 cats are sick all the time. It’s totally normal. I’d say there’s sick from at least one of them on most days. The joys of being a cat owner.

Yak

Bit of sick every now and then is normal. If they are sick everyday for a while and are losing weight, then vet time. Difference should be obvious.

DenDennis
    Free Member

@Jamie 😆

spooky_b329

We’ve solved the barfing issue by removing all dry cat food and keeping the cats in the kitchen when we are out/overnight.

However we are still dealing with a muddy footprint tour of the worktops every day, bloody things know they are not allowed up there but they also know we can only tell they are up there when we hear the thud as they jump back down.

What I want is an plug in air freshener style cat scarer that I can plug into a work top socket, and then it’ll scare them off the worktops 🙂 (with a 10 second delay so I can turn it off before I trigger it so they don’t get a scare whilst lying on the floor 🙂 )

globalti
    Free Member

I’m thinking of inventing an adhesive worktop cover with a fine copper wire lattice that delivers a mild shock to the paws of a cat that jumps up. You’d only need to use it for a few days and they’d soon learn.

mintimperial

We use a citrus smelling cleaner on our worktops to keep the cats off. They don’t like the orangey-lemony smell at all, works brilliantly, and you can tell when the worktops need cleaning cos they start jumping up again…

OP, some cats barf all the time, it’s only a problem if they’re clearly ill in some other way.

Cougar

“Furball” and “being sick” are two different things.

Cats naturally ingest hair as they groom themselves, as you’ll know yourself if you’ve ever had the pleasure of licking anything furry for a period of time. Accumulated hair forms a ball (or more accurately, a sausage) which the moggie then coughs up.

So if Tiddles has left you a hairy sausage, it’s perfectly normal behaviour. OTOH, if it looks like someone dropped a month-old Lancashire Hotpot then I’d hazard it’s more likely to be a reaction to the chicken. Probably still not a cause for concern though, unless she’s sick continually or you see any other changes in her behaviour.

Of note though, cats are very good at hiding when they’re ill, it’s some survival instinct or other.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

OTOH, if it looks like someone dropped a month-old Lancashire Hotpot then I’d hazard it’s more likely to be a reaction to the chicken.

This ^^^

Thanks hive of information

Cougar

There may well be some liquid and assorted effluvia with a furball, mind; it’s not just a neat little pellet.

http://www.families.com/blog/what-a-hairball-looks-like

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Sounds like a result to me. At least you didn’t stand in it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cat was sick in the night’ is closed to new replies.