Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cat proofing open windows
  • wombat

Mre Wombat and I like to keep our bedroom window open but our cat insists on being stupid and keepings on climbing out onto the external windowsill.

I need to contrapt (or procure) a mesh type thing that will allow the window to be open and provide ventilation but will prevent the stupid beast from climbing out.

Also Mrs Wombat says it can’t look “scruffy and horrible”

It’s a standard UPVC side opening window.

Any ideas anyone?

annebr
    Free Member

What is wrong with the cat climbing out?

My cat goes in and out by our window all the time. (on to the pergola and down to the patio)

Yak

Does your cat fall off? If not – then is there any harm in your cat being out there?

Even if it did fall off, 1 floor up wouldn’t do any harm apart from teaching it something about not falling off.

jam-bo

fly/insect screens?

wombat

The cat has had to be rescued having been found clinging to the windowsill by its from paws whilst scrabbling against the brickwork is an amusing but ineffective manner on several occsions and SWMBO is therefore reluctant to give it the opportunity to do the same thing again.

will look at flyscreens

rogermoore

Hire an Alsatian to continually clean your window.
    RM.

annebr
    Free Member

Perhaps put a larger platform on the side of the house for the cat to sit on out the window. So it’s not falling off a small ledge.

mogrim

will look at flyscreens

Make sure it has a proper lock at the bottom (assuming it’s one of the pull-down type models): the ones on my windows just click into place, and a quick push with a paw will open them. As my cats have discovered.

Shred
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for the same and came across these:
    http://www.flat-cats.co.uk/

I haven’t bought one yet, but might give it a try.

footflaps

Our cats love sitting on the window sills, I have to open the bedroom windows to let them out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cat proofing open windows’ is closed to new replies.