Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Cat ownership
  • mightymule
    Free Member

Of course I do, however I have to say that over the last ten years I have had far more out of the insurance company than I’ve paid them.

rj
    Free Member

2 house cats, about £10 in food another £6 for litter and £25 a month for insurance.

MrNice
    Free Member

mightymule – Member
    I would DEFINITELY recommend insurance.

This little “vacation” cost about four grand in total…

I love the way the look on the cat’s face says “you utter ****, when I find the **** **** who did this to me I’m going to rip their **** guts out through their shitty arsehole and strangle them with their own entrails”. [/joe pesci in goodfellas]

A sick dog would be doing the big soppy sad eyes to get some TLC. Cats can be cute but they all have a bit of Begbie about them

mightymule
    Free Member

I love the way the look on the cat’s face says “you utter ****, when I find the **** **** who did this to me I’m going to rip their **** guts out through their shitty arsehole and strangle them with their own entrails”. [/joe pesci in goodfellas]

Pretty much. Apparently he was sometimes a bit “difficult”

There wasn’t anything wrong with his leg – that was just the only way they could stop him taking his drips out.

mightymule
    Free Member

With regard o costs, Cat Mk 1 costs about £15-20 per week in food (4 x Felix senior pouches per day, plus 1 tin, plus 2 large bowls of dry food).
    Cat Mk 2 costs about £5 per week.

Vets fees vary – if you’re lucky then like Cat Mk 2 yours will only cost the price of annual vaccinations.

Worming varies. Cat Mk 1 tends to eat his prey (gross), which is mostly rats (blegh)(despite having worlds loudest bell on his collar) so he is wormed monthly with Milbemax (around £5 a pop). Cat Mk 2 is too retarded to be able to catch much, and far too inept to kill anything he does catch. He gets wormed every three months.

Flea control – Advocate is the best, but also the most expensive. Ours get done every couple of months. Costs about £60 pa.

One further expense – get a good scratching post. If the cat uses it, it will be worth every penny.

Other miscellaneous costs include brushes, catnip, toys, prawn crackers, shampoo, and Dettol (for after you have attempted to apply the shampoo).

myti
    Free Member

Cat Mk 1 costs about £15-20 per week in food (4 x Felix senior pouches per day, plus 1 tin, plus 2 large bowls of dry food).

My god! is this a cat or an actual lion? My cat is one of the biggest I’ve ever seen and he eats a quarter of that at best!

mightymule
    Free Member

LOL.

When I told a friend “this is the little cat and this is the big one”, the reply was: “No, that’s a normal sized cat, and that’s a ****ing leopard”

loddrik
    Free Member

Have 3. Two tins cat food a day between them, about 6 quid a week. Bag of cat litter every 4 or 5 days, £3. 6 quid a month each in insurance. Can’t feed them dry bits as they throw them up all over the bloody house!!

blisterman1962
    Free Member

£6k! Did it break its leg by crashing your car?!

😀

No idea how he came to break it, but we got referred here: http://www.fitzpatrickreferrals.co.uk/ by our vets, and after attempting to fix the break, and failing, the leg was fixed with a plate. Poor sod was in a cage for the best part of 6 months.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Our cat is pretty good at catching stuff and even better at sneaking it into the house!

I’ve lost count if the number of petrified mice we’ve had to try and catch. And a black bird that was flapping round the living room! I’ve never seen so many feathers!

She eats a lot if what she catches and leaves the head or back end! Nice.

He brother was too lazy / stupid to catch out. He was hit by a car a few years ago and killed unfortunately.

rocketman
    Free Member

Ours doesn’t cost much it lives on a diet of roast chicken and tinned sardines, with occasional cat biscuits. IIRC it’s £11/month for the flea treatement, £15/quarter for worming and £55/year for the insurance. The vaccinations are £30 or thereabouts.

natrix
    Free Member

Our cat is pretty good at catching stuff and even better at sneaking it into the house!

As is ours. We get through quite a bit of stain remover/carpet cleaner in our attempts to remove the bloodstains from the carpet. On the plus side he tends to steal cat food from the neighbours (both sides) so we don’t pay that much for food 8)

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Cat ownership’ is closed to new replies.