Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Cat owners liability – cat possibly sends dog to vets…
  • highlandman
    Free Member

A year or two ago our farmer came by on the track in front of our house, walking the two family chocolate Labradors. I stopped working to chat and the dogs bombed into the garden (it’s not enclosed), mis-timing it completely as MacGregor, our 9kg ginger boy cat came wandering around the end of the house. His view of this invasion of his space was spectacular; both labs needed their wounds cleaning later, once the farmer finally caught up with them half a mile away back at his house.
    Not long after, farmer comes by again with the labs in his pick up truck. He parks and wanders over for a chin wag. MacGregor is out, comes across to join us and be sociable, then spots the dogs inside the truck. He moseys over to the back of the truck, jumps up into the open bed, then onto the cab roof. The dogs are going ballistic inside but are unable to do anything about him. Up on the roof, he leans over the top of the windscreen and waves a paw at the glass, which only seems to put gasoline on the fire… He then wanders down the glass and sits on the bonnet, his back towards the dogs while they do everything they can to get at him. Farmer and I are in stitches at this performance. Having now established his complete supremacy, MacG heads off. I respect this cat; although chopped off years ago, he still has balls.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I must say that if this had happened to my dog then it would be getting a stiff talking to for being such a weekling…then locked in a gage and prodded with a stick on a regular basis until I’d brought its attack hound intincts back to the fore..

Luckily Isla is already the hardest dog in the park by some margin, so makes me a proud daddy.

vickypea
    Free Member

Our cat had 4 trips to the vets last year, 3 for bits that got infected and one for a £2000 operation to save her eye after it got scratched very badly. That’s why you have pet insurance, rather than trying to blame and extract money from the owner of the other cat.

fin25
    Free Member

My dogs do not like cats because cats are arseholes.

binners

You should here what my two have just said about you! 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Depending on what actually happened, in terms of power and contact, this is the bit that most concerns me

I lol’ed!

“No cat, stop!” doesn’t always work you know 😆

yossarian
    Free Member

My dogs do not like cats because cats are arseholes.

This is crux of the matter. My sister has a cat. A massive, violent, vile shitbag of malice and cunning. It would attack anyone on sight regardless of age or species. We had to look after it for a couple of days before my sister’s wedding. Most of time it was OK as the bastard was behind locked doors in the other part of the house. But the only route up to bed lay on its route. After a couple of abortive attempts to shoo it away which resulted in me losing a sock we hatched a plan…me, Mrs yossarian, the kids and my mum got a load of cardboard from the garage and formed a fairly decent testudo as favoured by the Roman Legions:

We managed to drive the £&@#er into the conservatory where it stayed until we left.

My 2 cats on the other hand are lovely. 🙂

swavis

Is it ok to shoot a cat, as like nobody is responsible for it? 😉

dannybgoode

No, the same as you can’t go round shooting most animals (yes I know exceptions apply)…

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Cat owners liability – cat possibly sends dog to vets…’ is closed to new replies.