• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by rhid.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cat help – Abcess healing!
  • rhid

One on my cats turned up with a nasty abcess on her back recently. I took her to the vet where they shaved her, made a small cut into the abcess drained it and sent her on her way.

The wound seems to have healed nicely and the cat is running around like normal and there appear to be no issues. However there is still a pronounced lump where the abcess was. The vet was very happy that all the pus had come out of the abcess. I realise that some could have remained and the wound could still be a bit infected or is this raised lump just a left over from the wound and will disappear in time?
    I cannot really tell if the lump is growing or not and it doesn’t seem to be soft and squishy like the original one was. This leads me to believe it is scar tissue for want of a better word. However I have no experience in this!

Anyone one had this happen before? I know this stuff is pretty common on cats but like I say mine lot have been pretty free of them til now!

I can easily pop the cat back to the vet which I will probably do but any advice prior to that would be much appreciated.

Cougar

This leads me to believe it is scar tissue for want of a better word.

Speaking as someone on the Internet who doesn’t know you and has never seen your cat and therefore is a 100% cast iron expert, that would be my conclusion.

If you’re concerned though, pop her back to the vet to ease your mind. Also, keep an eye on its size, if it gets bigger then go back.

She’ll love you for it, at least. Abscess makes the heart grow fonder.

Pigface
    Free Member

Abscess makes the heart grow fonder

Really? Cougar hang your head in shame

rhid

Your internet expertise is much apprecaited!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cat help – Abcess healing!’ is closed to new replies.