• This topic has 42 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by LMT.
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Casual new house browsing, realistic to sell/buy on a whim?
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

I know, but that’s an unavoidable evil almost everywhere we’re going. I’m scared by it all, don’t want to commit to something too big, but we’ve done the numbers and it’s all ok.

NZCol

I’m buying a house for my mum, just offered 20% below asking price for a place which is way overpriced-apparently I offended them by doing that, oh well, estate agent is convinced it will sell for full price which is nice. It’s been up for 7 months, place up the road listed on sat and has sold – roughly what I offered and same sort of house. I’ve now upped it 500 quid, cash offer, completion ASAP as they have another house and are bridging this one ! Fun games this one.

LMT
    Free Member

Big thing is the market where your house is, I have been looking for 4 weeks now every time we get to view a house due to being at work its difficult and we found the houses have sold.

Its very frustrating, currently have an offer on a house which is amazing for the money we have, the area is a bit crap as its 2 streets away from an industrial estate and has the back garden next to a main railway line (which is something I don’t mind) but we got the feeling it would be a nice house in a not nice area, or a complete disaster of a house in a nice area, we don’t have the money to put into repairs etc..so went for the nice house. Fingers crossed it all goes through now!

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Casual new house browsing, realistic to sell/buy on a whim?’ is closed to new replies.