Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Castleton, Derbyshire – Pubs for lunch recommendations plz
  • jekkyl

Looking at taking the wife up the arse on Saturday, oh sorry no, it’s ‘The Devils Arse’ – it’s a cavern near Castleton, apparently you can take a boat ride in there too, sounds delightful. Anyway, I’ve never been in the area before & would like recommendations plz for lunch. Preference is wood n brass with chunky chips and fair prices, with a nice view while we munch.
    Shoot! & thanks too. 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Boat ride is in Speedwell not the Devil’s Arse – two separate caves.
    Bull’s Head is ok for decent pub grub and right in the middle of Castleton.

Cheddar/Cheshire??? Cheese I think it’s called – no view though

jeffl

The Castle Pub in Castleton is nice. Don’t forget to pop along to 18 bikes up the road in Hope.

lasty
    Free Member

+ 1 for the castle – gets busy but nice grub – Jacuzzi in the rooms for that post ride relaxation …. 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

I would suggest you try make a reservation. Castleton is always busy. From memory parking is a little out of town and usually busy.

If you’ve time you could walk up Cavedale for a bit just to get a feel for the descent. Likewise a drive up to Mam Tor carpark and a climb to top. The road up out of Castleton towards Mam Tor is great built into the gully. You need to get back there to do some riding.

trio25
    Free Member

The Old Nags Head does the best food but booking usually needed.

crispo
    Free Member

+1 for The Castle pub, we are there when we went for a weekend staying at the Youth Hostel. Cracking food after a long day in the saddle around edale, hope and Ladybower!

Also they had some great beers on if you like that, Thornbridge Jaipur!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Castleton, Derbyshire – Pubs for lunch recommendations plz’ is closed to new replies.