Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Castelli Jerseys Fit
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Trying to work out what size to buy. Do they come up small?

simondbarnes

Yes, they do come up small

chakaping
    Free Member

Go one size up on your civvies.

tpbiker
    Free Member

cool thanks folks. MY LBS is evans but I’m assuming they don’t have em in stock. Might just order Large and extra large and return the one that doesn’t fit.

unovolo
    Free Member

Definetly up one size from your norm and it will still be more of a racing rather than relaxed fit,
    Nice tops though.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I went for the “right” size rather than sizing up as this has worked with other kit. I found the cut strange- it was tight across the chest, but baggy on the stomach/torso and loose on the arms. Obviously subjective but I have Scott, Pearl Izumi and Cipollini which all feel like a second skin.

I was also unimpressed with it generally for what is supposed to be a quality brand (rrp for the jersey I bought was £70+), loads of hanging uncut threads, pretty basic in design and manufacture (other premium brands use multiple different fabrics/finishes in different parts of the jersey which this lacked).

Mine went back for a refund (bought from Evans with the £20 off £50 code knocking about recently). Probably going to get an other Cipo from http://www.cyclestore.co.uk, fantastic kit (nicer than Assos IMHO) at reduced-to-reasonable prices.

Kryton57

I have an XL fuga (5’11, 38″ chest) which is a work of art and was a warranty replacement for a previous jersey which was as crash test monkey describes and then the zip broke 4th time of wearing.

Castellelli shorts have been great too.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Yes with roadie stuff especially Italian go a size up and it will still be tight

monkfish
    Free Member

I also have just bought one from Evans courtesy of the PSA that was on here recently and i’m normally a medium so ordered a large.

As with crashtestmonkey I find it snug against the chest but looser around the belly. Quality wise I like it and it’s the first Castelli item i’ve bought, but it I was paying RRP I’d maybe look at Gore next time.

My top was made in Bosnia if that means anything.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Castelli Jerseys Fit’ is closed to new replies.