Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Castelli Gabba.. Worth getting the convertible one?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Got my eye on a long sleeve gabba but can’t decide whether to get the convertible one?
    Any thoughts?

paulevans
    Free Member

I’ve got a short sleeve Gabba and a convertible one too. The convertible is great for this time of year so long as you’ve got a decent base layer beneath it. A long sleeve may well be a little more comfortable, especially around the arm pits, but I doubt there is much in it.

Just make sure you buy the right size. I’m 13st 6lb and 6 feet and have XL for both. Try before you buy if you can.

MikeWW
    Free Member

Id just go for the long sleeve. Some good venting and a really nice piece of kit. Long sleeve base layer in winter and short sleeve base layer for spring /autumn

iainc

recently bought a long sleeved one in the Wiggle Sale. very impressed so far, only used it a few times on coolish damp road rides. Very much Italian sizing…

Gary_M
    Free Member

The convertible is great for this time of year so long as you’ve got a decent base layer beneath it

So at this time of year do you ride with the sleeves taken off at any point?

I would go short sleeved and ‘no rain’ arm warmers.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Hmmm.. still cant decide on a colour either 😆

andyfla
    Free Member

i have one, sometimes I ride with no sleeves and sometimes as a full long – Kind of feel I get 2 jackets for the price of one – not that often I take the sleeves off mid ride, but glad I bought it

Dyffers
    Free Member

I have a convertible. The only use I’ve found for the removable sleeves is quicker to dry it out post-ride with them off. Not sure I’d bother again, just go for the long sleeve one if it’s identical in every other way (great jacket overall).

MoreCashThanDash

Stolen Goat do their own version of the Gabba that got a really good review on road.cc – might be worth a look maybe? Can’t remember what its called though

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

apparently this out-Gabbas the (long sleeve) Gabba

http://road.cc/content/review/140863-parentini-mossa-jersey

(don’t have one but did quite a lot of reading about them as t’other half has ordered one).

The Stolen Goat Orkaan is also supposed to be the mutts nuts, but I don’t like the look of the slightly looser fit they’ve deliberately used on the LS compared to the race-fit SS version.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Went with a Ls blue gabba.. £99 from CRC with BC discount

cloudnine
    Free Member

Wow.. why did i not get one sooner? What awesumz fabric its made from.

DanW
    Free Member

I would go short sleeved and ‘no rain’ arm warmers.

This for me too. I got as much use out of this combo in the colder months as I did with the SS only in the warmer months. Most of the “Summer” can be pretty brisk and I more often wore the SS rather than a “Summer”, thin jersey. Much more versatile ironically (?) in the SS version

cubicboy
    Free Member

I have a LS and it’s the best piece of kit that I own. I’m thinking of another in black and would definitely go LS again.

ps44
    Free Member

LS one here too and the best bit of winter kit I’ve ever had. Mate has the convertible but never takes the sleeves off – says he wishes he’s gone LS.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Just got the last small blue LS from CRC to compliment my SS (which gets worn with No Rain arms) 😉

kennyp
    Free Member

My experience with convertible clothing is that it very rarely gets converted. More gimmick than anything. For the Gabba go LS. Combined wirh the matching gilet I don’t both with a (sweat inducing) rain jacket anymore.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Castelli Gabba.. Worth getting the convertible one?’ is closed to new replies.