Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Castelli Gabba 2 Convertible Jersey/Jacket
  • bluebird
    Free Member

Has anyone got one of these? How do they size up by Castelli’s standards?

All my Castelli stuff is a L (despite me being an XL according to their sizing). I’m 6’1″, 32″ waist, 41″ chest.

I want to order one but their too expensive to order 2 sizes only to send one back.

Thanks

theflatboy
    Free Member

Large will be spot on for you.

bluebird
    Free Member

Thanks theflatboy, do you have one?

theflatboy
    Free Member

I have the non-convertible long sleeved one, I’m almost identical measurements to you and it’s perfect (and awesome).

edit – sorry, should have pointed out that I have a large!

bluebird
    Free Member

Great, thanks.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I have a medium and got the sleeves slightly shortened to fit me…..btw, they’re awesome. I wear mine all the time now (wee, while on the bike) and in all weathers.

Ioneonic

I’m 5’11 70kg 38 inch chest and I have a large convertible.
    I suspect I could go to medium for a race fit with 1 baselayer, but I run cold and so often go with 2 baselayers and a winter jersey underneath. (I run very cold…)

Ioneonic

Oh and if you use Wiggle and pay by paypal I think you can send the wrong sized one back before the money for that comes out your account (14 days later).

bluebird
    Free Member

Thanks all. No plans to run three base layers underneath it, it’ll be one at the most.

qtip

I’ve got the long sleeve version. 6′ 0″, 32″ waist, 40″ chest – L is perfect fit.

onandon
    Free Member

Do these have a zippy picket for keys etc?

I fancy one but HATE jackets and jerseys without a zippy pocket.

theflatboy
    Free Member

on and on – Member
    Do these have a zippy picket for keys etc?

I fancy one but HATE jackets and jerseys without a zippy pocket.

No, but the pockets are huge and very secure so it’s not an issue at all IME.

onandon
    Free Member

Ok, and for that reason I’m ooooot.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

you struggle to get stuff in and out of the pockets, they’re so deep and snug. You MIGHT lose something in a spectacular crash, or if someone turned you upside down and repeatedly shook you, but there is no way anything is coming out of them accidentally in the course of normal use.

Don’t think the Stolen Goat Orkaan or Parentini Mossa have zip pockets, so you’re pretty limited if that’s crucial.

bluebird
    Free Member

Jacket arrived. The fit’s perfect. Sung but enough room for a layer underneath. Thanks for the info/advice. Its a bit warm for it today, mind.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Castelli Gabba 2 Convertible Jersey/Jacket’ is closed to new replies.