Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cassette pliers – work on sram eagle 12 speed?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

goddddammmnnn torqued up my eagle cassette as normal to 35nm (says 40nm), cant get the bugger off, as a normal chain whip is struggling to fit the eagle teet higher up, and its too slack to use lower down

been thinking of getting a pair of pliers, mainly as I keep gouging my knuckles when I do and it makes logical sense and be much quicker to remove the cassette

so any one used them on eagle? most seem to say only compatible with 7-11 speed (obvs blurb could be from before eagle was invented)

otsdr
    Free Member

Regular chain whip should work just fine.

The 7-11 bit is just outdated information, the Decathlon tool works with any cassete that has a cog between 11 and 14 teeth.

theotherjonv

very impressed with my Decathlon cassette tool. I almost look forward to removing cassettes now (I iz sad man)

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/chain-whip-cassette-remover-id_8309913.html

mikewsmith
    Free Member

otsdr – Member
    Regular chain whip should work just fine.

Pedro’s pliers are 100x.better though.

onewheelgood

the Decathlon tool works with any cassete that has a smallest cog between 11 and 14 teeth.

FTFY

So it won’t work with SRAM 11 or 12 speed which have 10 tooth smallest cogs.

theotherjonv

simply remove the 10T using a standard chain whip or cassette pliers and then put the tool over the next one
    😳

It is a bloody good tool though, for those of us with oldskool kit….

Onzadog
    Free Member

What do you mean by too slack at the lower end? For worn cassettes, you can pin the free end of the whip chain down with the lever part of the tool.

otsdr
    Free Member

FTFY

I figured it should fit through the hole, but that is obviously not the case. One more reason to stick with the chain whip.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

the park one and pedros looks great but at £50, ive seen a life line one which essentially looks identical to the park one but 10 quid! but it only says 11 speed

my chain whip is knackered, hence why I need another and I’m sick of gouging my knuckles on it too

GolfChick
    Free Member

oooo I hadn’t spotted the lifeline version so now its on my ‘to buy’ list, can never justify the cost of the park and pedros!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cassette pliers – work on sram eagle 12 speed?’ is closed to new replies.