Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cassette era people.
  • ryderredman
    Free Member

I need to record onto cassette. Preferably from my laptop via the headphone jack then out to a device which records it onto tape.

I’ve looked on eBay but everything I can find says it has ‘Microphone’ input and I don’t know whether this will mean I will have mono sound on the tape. I ideally want to just have a standalone piece of kit which will just record onto the tape. I’m aware you can get a whole stereo for this but I’m trying to save space in my tiny rented room.

If anyone can recommend something which will let me do this, please link it/recommend it. I’m from the mp3 era so massively out of my depth.

Thanks!

teethgrinder

Hifi with Aux In, 3.5mm to 3.5mm lead.

Email/drive/dropbox link to the file, and someone should be able to sort this if you don’t have the kit.

ryderredman
    Free Member

Thanks teethgrinder, I’ll try and have a look for a smaller looking hifi thing. I’ve not got any trouble with the files, I imagine i’ll just have it start playing and record onto the tape!

teethgrinder

No easy way like CD ripping to HDD – it’ll have to be real time recording. Like in the olden days when you made a copy of the CD you bought so it would play in the car.

integerspin
    Free Member

Any tape deck will do, run a line out from the computer to the line in of the tape deck.
    I keep meaning to bring my tape deck out to the computer to put some of my tapes on the computer.

tetchypete
    Free Member

Go from the headphone jack on your laptop to the phono inputs on the back of the tape deck (one red, one white). A mini jack to twin phono lead will only cost a couple of quid. Where abouts are you, there might be someone near who could loan you an old tape deck?

cynic-al
    Free Member

SH tape decks must be cheap?

Cougar

I’ve seen Walkman-esque devices with USB connectors, might be handy for this sort of thing? Pretty sure Argos have them.

“Microphone” input will probably be Mono, you need a Line In on a regular deck.

molgrips
    Free Member

a device which records it onto tape.

Known as a ‘tape recorder’

You want something like this, will probably have a 5 pin DIN socket on it. Then a stereo 3.5 jack to 5 pin DIN lead.

joshvegas
    Free Member

What are you wanting to record?

I could be persuaded to fire up the beast but i don’t think I have any c90s kicking around

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Is this for someone else or will you be playing it back for yourself?

Why do you need it to be on a cassette?

Cougar

I could be persuaded to fire up the beast but i don’t think I have any c90s kicking around

I’ve got a bagful of the buggers if you need any.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cassette era people.’ is closed to new replies.