Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Casseroll Single in the UK?
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Anyone know where I can get hold of a Salsa Casseroll Single complete bike in the UK. They look really good value in the US (around $600) but I can't seem to find any around this price over here.

atlaz
    Free Member

Anyone?

brumsgrove
    Free Member

I was talking to the Ison Distribution rep in my LBS last week – he told me they can get the Casserol Single ( to order ) into the UK in 4-5 weeks.. Try contacting Wheelbase.co.uk

rOcKeTdOg

charlie the bikemonger also does salsa stuff

atlaz
    Free Member

Might have to try both of those suggestions. Cycle2work would be useful I guess but I'd imagine my lbs can help there

atlaz
    Free Member

On the other hand… the Genesis Day One might suit my needs

olaf_hansen
    Free Member

I got my Casseroll frame from Wiggle. Here it is 😉

I use for commuting/winter road, and it's great for that. But try going any further than 5 miles, or out with your mates on carbons and you're going to get a slaying. It does seem to pedal very heavily for some reason … Still love it though.

atlaz
    Free Member

I want one mostly for commuting as I destroyed the rim on my hack and it'll be almost as cheap to get a bike on cycle to work than new wheels and brakes. That said, given the frame and fork seem to be around £500 in the UK, not holding my breath for a £500 quid singlespeed.

druidh
    Free Member

The last Casseroll frameset we supplied sold for £425. As you say, you're gonna have to up your budget by a fair bit if you want a whole bike.

atlaz
    Free Member

Maybe I'll just buy on on my spring trip to the US, ride it while I'm over there and then get it sent back.

damitamit
    Free Member

When I asked the distributor many months ago, they said they couldnt get the Casseroll Single full bike.

Ended up buying the frame and building a SS…

Currently built up with a Shimano Alfine. Much better for commuting, plus was able to ride to Paris on it and took it on the sunday club run yesterday.

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Don't get a Day one! i've got a drop version and its crap, i've never come accross such a poorly put together bike for ages, even the paint finish is bad. I'm angling for a refund and will get a Single.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Casseroll Single in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.