Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Casio G shock hints
  • aa
    Free Member

i’m thinking of buying an ‘outdoors’ type watch and like the look of the casio’s.

Not fussed if it’s either analogue or digital.

H samuel has this one, http://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d/8480761/casio+stainless+steel+twin+sensor+bracelet+watch/ but i’m suspicious that its a plum cuz it’s so cheap. I also like the look of this one http://wap.ebay.co.uk/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?aid=350650284928&emvAD=360×125&sv=350650284928

75quid is about all i want to pay.

Any recommendations or tips?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

first one isn’t a g-shock

before some smug **** comes along and says “oh, haven’t you got a phone/clock tower/dashboard/sundial you can look at” have a look here for inspiration (and a fair few links and model numbers)

thehustler
    Free Member

I havew a protrek and a casio g shock metal, the first looks like an amalgamation of the 2 both been great watches, if that carries the same life span I’d say very worth while

aa
    Free Member

cheers boba, i did notice that the first one isn’t a g shock, i kinda assumed it would be somewhere approaching the ruggedness of a g shock. Thats an interesting thread

w1zard
    Free Member

If you can find one you like the look of that has ‘radio’ time setting, and solar charging, it’s well worth it.

Basically you never need to change the battery (it charges in daylight), or set the time (it syncs overnight to the second while you’re in bed). Even adjusts when the clocks go back/forward. Seemed a gimmick when I bought it, but I have really appreciated the lack of fettling it requires.

Being a G-Shock also means you can drive a bus over it and it’ll still work.

chewkw
    Free Member

Any of the G-Shock will do but I prefer one with Atomic Time (GW-M5610-1ER).

I got mine from here …

Tiktox

Boba Fatt – Member

first one isn’t a g-shock

before some smug **** comes along and says “oh, haven’t you got a phone/clock tower/dashboard/sundial you can look at” have a look here for inspiration (and a fair few links and model numbers)

Yes, mine is much more nicer than yours. Mine can teleport me from one location to another and yours just a watch. 😆

MarkLG
    Free Member

I’m currently using one of these for my work day watch:

G-Shock Aviator

Stopwatch, world time, etc if you can remember how to use them. Syncs with the atomic clock, so you never have to set the time, and it’s solar powered.
    I just wanted something that looked nice, water proof,, with a decent size analogue face.

aa
    Free Member

the 300 is more than i want to spend.

I may have found a winner though.

http://www.casio.com/products/Watches/G-Shock/GA201-1A/

LabWormy

I think you should be able to find loads of G-Shocks that are also solar powered and waveceptors for around £75. They are all but bombproof and you’ll never need to worry about accuracy or batteries again.

For instance ….

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

bought all mine from this bloke on ebay. Good range, and better value than shops
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/watchesdeals

properbikeco
    Free Member

i got a waveceptor toughsolar one that looks like the £7 digital casio and i think it is ace

most folk look at it and automatically think it is pants, to me it is a watch that is tough and just works, perfect for any sports or outdoor activities (and it is always right and never needs a battery)

Jerome
    Free Member

solar powered and waveceptors
    got a 5610 and love it

andeh

I’ve got a G-5600b, bought it on recommendation from my brother but fancied something a bit pimp. It’s shiny black and green! The tough solar feature is great, I just don’t have to worry about the battery at all. No radio time update, but I don’t miss that, keeps time well.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Casio G shock hints’ is closed to new replies.