Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cash V Insurance, minor prangs
  • spooky_b329

To begin with, I’ve not had a minor bump, just another thread made me wonder…

If I were to have a minor bump (scratched paint/broken light) or a more serious bump on an old banger, what is the legality of offering a couple of hundred on the spot as settlement. If this was accepted, and then the victim decided to report to their insurance company anyway, does that land me in any hot water for not reporting the incident to my insurance? In the case of a harder bump involving a banger, if the victim later decided they had whiplash and wanted to claim, I guess there is no come back for not reporting the incident to the police, as the injury would not have been apparent at the time? Finally, if they go through the insurance anyway, any chance of getting the money back?!

zokes
    Free Member

If this was accepted, and then the victim decided to report to their insurance company anyway, does that land me in any hot water for not reporting the incident to my insurance?

Depends on your insurance wording, but if it’s worded like any of the insurance polices I’ve had, I’d say the answer is yes.

Sum
    Free Member

Also, some (most?) insurance polices usually have a clause saying something to the effect that the policyholder should not say or do anything that can be interpreted as admitting liability in the event of an accident.

spooky_b329

Thanks guys, thought as much.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cash V Insurance, minor prangs’ is closed to new replies.