• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gg14.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • cash for mountain bikes
  • special_noodles
    Free Member

has anyone ever used http://cash4mountainbikes.co.uk/get-a-quote/ ?

Looks spammy. Feels a bit spammy.

clunker

I would be nervous/stupid submitting details of bike and then giving address details

njee20
    Free Member

Where’s my shitty stick I use specifically to avoid touching things like this!

special_noodles
    Free Member

it only asks for address, date of birth, credit card number and mother’s maiden name. i mean it *feels* legit.

maccruiskeen

it only asks for address, date of birth, credit card number and mother’s maiden name.

Wheres it asking for those? 🙂

I’d say the biggest catch with these cash-for[anything] operations is paying less than they’ve quoted once they’ve received it. In their T&Cs they say they’ll return it to you if you don’t accept their revised valuation (or if on receipt of the bike they may just refuse to take it) – in which case they charge you to return it to you – but they don’t give any indication what that charge for returns is. In all likelihood the charge is sufficiently high that you’d accept their derisory offer rather than pay it.

The key to it is you’re in no position to negotiate – they’ve got your stuff, you’re in a position where you’re trying to negotiate a price where it would cost you money just to walk away

Rorschach
    Free Member

RobHilton
    Free Member

If I wasn’t going to sell on here/ebay/pinkbike etc. then http://flatoutcycles.co.uk/sell-your-bike could be an option

chum3
    Free Member

I have bought from and sold to Flatout – had great service…

special_noodles
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendation on flatout, will give it a go

chakaping
    Free Member

The problem with any of these traders is the lack of traceability and transparency with regard to stolen bikes.

Get an advert on pinkbike and on here and you’ll almost certainly get more money anyway.

gg14
    Free Member

You don’t have to give your address.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘cash for mountain bikes’ is closed to new replies.