Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cartridge bearings….wheres good?
  • scrumfled
    Free Member

Im after a variety of cartridge bearings (7902, 608, 6001), ideally made to last (so stainless then…and not bloody ceramic). Does anyone have a source they’d recommend.

Also, so far I’ve been using threaded bar/nuts/washers to press them in. Is there a decent value kit knocking around thats worth looking at?

scrumfled
    Free Member

quick bump for the evening crowd 🙂

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I use Airebearings.com in Leed/Pudsey. Helpful shop. very much switched on to bike parts and supply most of my bike bearings easily. They also have an online store through Ebay.

asbrooks

Simply Bearings You can get various quality bearings. I usually get the ones with the rubber seals (which can be removed), are more serviceable.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 Simply

Rulla bearings on ebay have been good, as have xtremesportandleisure-uk

johnw1984
    Free Member

Good to know about Simply being good for bearings, I can practically see it from my office window! 🙂

scrumfled
    Free Member

Cheers guys.useful links there 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Have a look in yellowpages/google

There’ll be a local engineering firm that’ll sell them. Just ask for 6001-2RS, caged (not full compliment unless it’s for suspension pivots), SKS or equivalent (FAG, NSK etc, they’re all much the same).

Dibbs
    Free Member

I ordered a couple of 6804 2RS SKF from Bearing Basement on Sunday, they arrive this morning. There were plenty out there selling cheaper unbranded bearings but I wanted to use SKF or NSK.
    I just need to decide whether to pop the seals and repack with waterproof grease (I’ve got a tube of Sappire Rocol Aqua 2 looking for a home).

bruneep

http://www.wychbearings.co.uk

Bought from them no problems fast dispatch and delivery.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cartridge bearings….wheres good?’ is closed to new replies.