Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cartrack world- Mazda 5 – anyone had/got one?
  • xcgb
    Free Member

I am in the process of deciding what to look for when my trusty(!) Mondeo eventually dies.

Mazda 5s seem to be suspiciously cheap and quite a few around which rings alarm bells!

Looked at a few online reviews and there are some issues with them but nothing worse than Fords or Vws

I have seen a 50k mileage one for less than 5 grand with a 12 month warranty

Anyone actually owned one?

ta

Rich_s

Yes, got one here. 08 plate 2.0 diesel. Corking car, do you want to buy it? 😉

Ford underneath. Handles well enough. Goes well too. Feel free to email me for more info…

lambchop
    Free Member

Almost bought one a couple of years ago but heard lots of stories of them getting through front tyres faster than average. So didnt. Owned 2 Mazda 3’s both faultless vehicles.

jambalaya
    Free Member

There have been many threads/posts

Sorry you mean 5 not mx5

I think its a bit like the Toyota Auras, a bit unloved.

xcgb
    Free Member

Rich – Lol not in the market just yet just window shopping in case i need to make a swift purchase!

Did you have the excessive tyre wear i have read about?

johndoh
    Free Member

Yeah, the Mazda 3 and 5 from around 10 years ago eat front tyres (we get around 12k out of a set of fronts in our 3 and that is with almost uniquely sedate commuter driving around town).

One potentially expensive problem they are prone to is a failing of the DSC (stability control dooh-dah) and it’s an MOT fail (unless you take the warning light out so the test station don’t know). It costs well over £1k to fix so check to see if the fix has been done.

xcgb
    Free Member

I have read that Michelins are supposed to be better for the wear problem?

simon_g

Just unpopular. Most MPV buyers don’t see further than the usual Ford/VW/Citroen offerings, the diesel engines weren’t particularly competitive on MPG/CO2/tax either (the Japanese had pretty much stopped doing diesels for the domestic market by the early 00s). The middle seat isn’t very usable, lots of people want to get 3 child seats across the middle row and you can’t in a 5. Works well if you have 2 kids and just want a roomier estate with sliding doors and occasional extra seats.

I’d have one, but definitely petrol.

xcgb
    Free Member

Ta for the replies!

Rich_s

We had a tyre wear issue from dodgy beyond belief lower link replacement by a mazda main dealer. Name shall remain nameless but if you’re in the border region then I wouldn’t use the obvious named dealer…

Local one to us in wirral has been ace.

It’s a big heavy car so is hard on its suspension components. We can fit 3 seats across the back but it’s tight. We’ve decided to go to having two 5 seat estates.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cartrack world- Mazda 5 – anyone had/got one?’ is closed to new replies.