Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Carter USM rip.
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

Amazing final gig at Brixton last night.
    I know they’ve got their haters on here but rarely have I seen a crowd get so into the songs as a Carter crowd does. I did get kicked in the head and stamped on a few times…..I’m really going to miss that mosh pit.?

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Was there, it was great. They’ll be back, they enjoy those shows too much not to surely?

drlex
    Free Member

Twenty-three and a bit years earlier…

(wanders off to find the Steve Lemacq special)

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Saw a guy a couple of weeks ago with a massive Carter logo tattooed down his forearm. I’m guessing he quite liked them.

maycontainnuts

Back home now, absolutely knackered, mosh pit was insane. Even the moshing to the back ground music before they took to the stage was pretty heavy.

Personally I reckon that was the last of Carter, any lingering doubt I had was extinguished with the passing of John Fatbeast. Not a view shared with some of my mates who think we’ll be doing it all again very soon.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Sad I couldn’t go, massive Carter fan since 1989 when I got 101 Damnations on vinyl (first release on Big Cat), saw them all over, again at Barrowlands in 2007 and Leeds in 2012.

Made up for it last night by playing their albums and passing the love on to the next generation, the mosh was more of a ‘bundle’! Was a strange night, felt happy and sad at the same time. Jealous I wasn’t there, glad it was good!

antigee

saw them couple of times at think it was Leeds Uni around 1990 think they’ve done a few final gigs since then

would rate their encore of “this is what it is like to lonely” as a standout

have a vague recollection that in the 90’s the TDF TV coverage used Fat Bastard (before the lyrics bit) as soundtrack to the highlights??

doh
    Free Member

Even after 6 goodbyes the gist from listening to their latest interviews was that this was it finally finishing. Gutted I didn’t manage any of the more recent gigs and especially this weekend.

(Wonders if the missus in bed would mind some carter being played)

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Surfing USM was used for Tour of Britain.
    Fruitbat is a big cycling fan and his current band names after a tour rider.

ElShalimo

They’ll be back ‘cos they’re attention whores.
    Has any band ever had more “final” gigs?

withersea
    Free Member

The gigs may have stopped, but the music is till with us! I can remember my first Carter at Brixton Academy gig and having ringing in my ears for a long, long time. Dream the impossible dream..

Northwind

Just back myself, went down to that london for both nights, couldn’t really be anywhere else… Bloomin brilliant, never known anything else really quite like em. They might well be back, I’ll be there too- I’ll take the piss mind

Also, “And God Created Brixton”! I got into Carter after their appeal became more selective, on the Dave tour and I just took it for granted that these reform things would never have a song after 95, so that was awesome, what a tune.

Goodnight jimbob!

Nobby
    gogg
    Free Member

“Do it Fruitbat”

edlong
    Free Member

Has any band ever had more “final” gigs?

The Wildhearts have knocked it on the head quite a few times over the years, not sure they’re up to Carter’s level though?

Jane’s Addiction have split up, depending on who you listen to, anywhere between three and six times.

And the obvious: Status Quo, The Who etc that always get mentioned on this subject.

choppersquad
    Free Member

I might have to seriously consider becoming a roadie just so I can get that jersey.
    Can someone do a ‘101 Damnations’ baggy mountain bike top please?

Northwind

If you
    Buy this jersey today
    It’s not true
    What the advertisments say
    Your life
    Won’t be greatly improved
    Ah but christ
    You’ve got nothing to lose
    And we’ve got £70 to gain

The Wildhearts don’t do final gigs, they just do bazillions of reforms.

Nine Inch Nails did a world farewell tour and then just slunk back into the room as if nothing had happened.

Fruitbat has joined Ferocious Dog – saw them play at a mates birthday party a few months ago. They are a Celtic folk/punk band with political overtones to many of their lyrics. I liked them.

sc-xc

FD are amazing. Mainstay of smaller festivals, and with album no2 coming out next year we will hear more of them.

I have Dogfest tickets for next week….

FD are amazing. Mainstay of smaller festivals, and with album no2 coming out next year we will hear more of them.

I have Dogfest tickets for next week….

Wouldn’t mind going to Dogfest!

I’ve only seen the stripped back acoustic line-up, not the full on accompliment

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Carter USM rip.’ is closed to new replies.