Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • carter USM getting some bad reviews on FB..
  • yunki
    Free Member

the gig’s not even over yet 😕

winston
    Free Member

Thats because its not 1991

jam-bo

And they weren’t that good the first time round..

Scamper
    Free Member

Saw them in 1990 several times and they were good at the time. That would be a shame.

freeagent
    Free Member

saw them in 1991 (i think) they weren’t that good then…

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Hello, good evening, welcome and goodbye . . .

butcher

What year is this? Where’s the Doc?

Stoner
    Free Member

What year is this?

1992, don’t believe the hype?

zilog6128

saw them @ reading 98, just before they split up. they were shit. awesome band name though.

yunki
    Free Member

so really then.. can we feel a kind of perverse satisfaction that these guys are making a few bucks out of the fans that stumped up for a ticket..?

should we be patting them on the back for having the balls..?
    they must know that they’re shit

winston
    Free Member

anyone who bought a ticket knew what they were getting – jeez they were old men the first time around so god knows how far past his bus pass fruitbat
    must be now

its not like their music influenced a generation like the roses did – at the roses gig there were new fans, i bet there isn’t anyone under 40 at that wake tonight

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I was daft enough to get a ticket for Leeds last night. Mind you I was daft enough to have jimbob style hair on the 90’s too. I was also daft enough to enjoy it last night, thought they were awesome, loads of energy, sell out crowd singing every song out loud and the whole place jumping. Great night, loved it.

somafunk

I thought they were good when i saw them back in the early 90’s but on reflection, at that time i was full of pills n’ speed n’ weed and was probably wearing my smiley face t-shirt that changed colour with body heat so that should tell you all you need to know about my opinion, i was under the influence your honour and have no recollection of events.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

It was a lot softer down the front, mind.

You fat b******s…

andrewh
    Free Member

If I’d known about it I would have gone.
    I’m only 31. Do I not fit the steriotype of the fans?

robdixon
    Free Member

You fat …..

sadexpunk

i keep looking for another pair of carter shorts on ebay from time to time, but never see any. dont spose theyre selling them again these days?

gozarch
    Free Member

Well, I’m 36 so don’t fit the profile, and I had a great night.

tazzymtb

its not like their music influenced a SMALL PART OF A generation WHO LIKED THAT TWATTY MANC SOUND like the roses did

Stoner
    Free Member

gozarch, andrewh – you’re both the perfect age 😉

Stoner, former fruitbat hair-style sporting USM 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

dp

kerv
    Free Member

I saw them a few times back in the day too, great gigs. Fond memories of crowd surfing and a portly mate getting dropped. 😀

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

This brings back some memories!

Meet me by Camden Lock Market at 12.00, I’ll be wearing Puma Suedes, baggy Ned’s Atomic Dustbin shorts and a PWEI Galaxian Patrol Tour 1992 t-shirt layered over a Senseless Things long sleeve. Might wear my Mega City 4 zip-up hoody too. Melody Maker tucked under my arm too, naturally.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The idea that someone is on Facebook while at a gig is quite sad…

rob2
    Free Member

Two fat ladies, 1988

I saw them at Leicester in 92. In the ” mosh pit ” someone trod on the end of my converse as I jumped up and it ripped the sole off. Got the train back to Nottingham with only one shoe.

Soundtrack to my uni days in Nottingham.

They were ok live. Family cat supported them.

TooTall
    Free Member

I bet Cud were bloody awesome and blew them off the stage anyway. They are every bit as good as they were when we were teh kidz.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I can’t read a thread like this without The lyrics to Commercial **** Suicide coming to mind.

If you buy this ticket today
    It’s not true what the advertisements say
    Your life won’t be greatly improved
    Oh but Christ, you’ve nothing to lose
    And we’ve got so much to gain

TooTall
    Free Member

The idea that so many people feel the need to record gigs on their flippin phones held above their heads baffles and annoys me.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, me too. Do they actually want to go to the gig, or show everyone that they were there?. Odd.

PrinceJohn

The idea that so many people feel the need to record gigs on their flippin phones held above their heads baffles and annoys me.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Always tempted to ‘bump’ into them to see if they drop their precious…

trailmonkey

Do they actually want to go to the gig, or show everyone that they were there?

yeah, the usual form is to wait 20 years then claim that you saw them back in ’92 when they were good/bad/you were just young.

neninja
    Free Member

I saw them a few times back in the late 80’s/early 90’s and always found their gigs pretty entertaining. The pit at the front used to be brutal.

I remember accidently kicking an ex-girlfriend in the head with my Para boots during a stage dive at a Carter gig (it was a genuine accident but she didn’t think so 😳 ). I got a knee in the eye from someone else jumping off the stage and had a proper shiner in the morning. Happy days

Northwind

FWIW I saw them at King Tuts on thursday and they were bloody good. Not as good as they were on the previous tours to be fair, Les seemed pretty disconnected at times.

No Music That Nobody Likes though 🙁 Bookable offence.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

loved them ‘back in the day’ but there seems to be a scary trend of bands coming back that should well…. just stay the **** away!

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I don’t have enough +1’s in me for that, the mobile phone does seem to have to taken over from the lighter at gigs. I’m not paying for a ticket to watch the band through the tossers iphone in front of me just so they can post it on Facebook to show their friends how cool they still are

tards

al2000

Cud were supporting? That would have been worth seeing.

Carter USM though – they were sh1t back in the day, and can’t imagine they’ve improved any now.

dingabell
    Free Member

Saw them at Brixton last night and as usual it was pretty mental in the mosh pit. Brilliant gig. Most people looked about the same age as me (40ish) which was nice as I usually feel like an old git at gigs. They have a solid group of fans who’ve always followed them because they wrote good songs…..end of. Saying that though, I think maybe they need a couple of years off to get the enjoyment factor back in it themselves. Did anyone happen to catch EMF supporting them at Brixton a couple of years ago? Oh my god how good were they?

atlaz
    Free Member

Comeback tours can be a bit random anyway. Half are good, half are clearly just cruise and collect cash type tours. Most have annoying fans (the ex-ravers trying to relive their early 90s nights out at an Underworld gig was awful).

I can’t decide if I’d like “really good but disinterested” like the Pixies were or “not so good but really into it”. Actually, the former to a certain degree. Just as long as it’s not the combo of “not good, not interested” that Tricky wheeled out early this year.

binners

It drives me bloody mad! Some nob was going that at a recent gig, literally waving it right in front of my face. He was informed fairly unambiguously which orifice it would be inserted in, sideways, if it didn’t got back in his pocket, forthwith

Tends to do the trick

ormondroyd
    Free Member

I listen back to music like theirs and it feels pretty dated. I saw them at the Angel Centre in Tonbridge in 1993 and that feels like a good time to have seen them. I still like it, but I get tired of it quickly.

That said, I’m seeing Evan Dando and Juliana Hatfield next month, so I’m contradicting myself.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘carter USM getting some bad reviews on FB..’ is closed to new replies.