Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cars/MPVs with reversible rear seats?
  • spooky_b329

I know there are loads of MPVs that have individual rear seats that clip into bars or sockets in the floor…just looking for those that can be repositioned to be rear facing. (doesn’t matter if its only for stationary use and not suitable for driving)

Ideally I am looking for full size adult seats, and it would be nice if the centre rear has an integral 3 point seatbelt that doesn’t rely on a roof attachment.

I’m hoping to use them in a camper conversion so just need some pointers before scouring the breakers yards for suitable vehicles.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

There are some seats available for the rear of Land Rovers, they’re forward facing but might be modifiable (is that a word??). Don’t think they come with an integral seatbelt though.

Only car I can think of that came with a rear facing seat as standard used to be one of the old Volvo estates, they had a rear boot mounted bench seat – wasn’t a great set up though, and not comfortable at all!

petrieboy

Grand espace has integrated seatbelts and individual removable seats. Don’t know if they mount backwards but presumably if your fitting brackets to the floor of your camper you can just mount 2 sets for forward and rear facing?

epicyclo

I’m pretty sure my old Espace could have the seats reversed, and it looks like that may be possible in the Multipla I have now too. Also the Espace front seats would rotate to point backwards.

I’ll check tomorrow.

midlifecrashes

Mitsubishi Grandis has a fancy flip up trick for picnics

SamCooke
    Free Member

I have a Toyota Estima, which has 3 rows of seats. The middle row can turn to be rear facing. In fact I’m looking to sell it if you are interested.

antigee

yes you can do it in a grand espace and seatbelts are integrated but handbook says not for driving (as you say) but they are so heavy it is a pain

they totally rely on the floor bars for safety

spooky_b329

Thanks guys, some good info there. I need three seats in my van and always planned to pay someone to fabricate a seat swivel for the double passenger seat, but the floor is sloping and the seat has a central mast for the centre seat belt which makes it very complicated…I don’t want to compromise on safety.

Recently saw a van for sale where they had chopped the seat off the existing base and welded bars in to replicate the seat mountings in a scenic, instead of swivelling the seats you just demount them and turn them round. Added bonus of a picnic table in the middle when there is just two of you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cars/MPVs with reversible rear seats?’ is closed to new replies.