• This topic has 213 replies, 163 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Nico.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 214 total)
  • THE car you covet..
  • Ro5ey
    Free Member

Yes please

SaxonRider

Some beautiful choices up there, and I love the fact that a few people have chosen Volvos. It makes me feel less alone by posting this:

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Something quite normal… A B7 Audi RS4 Avant. Subtle, under the radar looks which to many people wouldn’t get a second glance but quattro, V8, lovely looking thing, nice interior and hugely practical.

Why I spent £10k more than a nice one could be bought for and bought a 2l diesel van baffles me sometimes!

bencooper
    Free Member

Yup seen it! I think it was actually a 960….??

You’re probably right – I just remember my 74-year-old grandmother doing wheelspins away from the lights in a beige station wagon he built for her!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yeah tey fairly made those 740 wagons better robdob- they cut the bac off and made them saloons :)k

Drapoon
    Free Member

Somafunk

Mk1 is running a 2.08v with a lot of mods. Not a bad shout for an uprated diff as the diff bearigns let go on my first box after 200 miles!

northernmatt

This.

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

Currently browsing for a Fiesta MK1 Supersport in Sunburst Red , but if I had the cash a Porsche 911 Turbo S. I would have a garage full of various historic road and race Porsches if I won the Euromillions, plus my daughter wants either a Nismo Nissan GTR or an Aventador.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I’m with Ro5ey. It has to have the silver hoop, narrow body with no tail as pictured.
    Or a 914.

corroded
    Free Member

A Singer Porsche for me please. Any will do, they all look sublime.

jwt
    Free Member

Another Singer……….

Alpina C2 2.7

kiwijohn

1971 Ford Capri 1600 GT XLR. Preferably in fern green.

beanum

Singer 911 all the way…

stilltortoise
    Free Member

So many great shouts on here and the Singer Porsche is definitely a highlight. However I do have an unusual and unhealthy car crush on the current Cayman in yellow

Klunk
    Free Member

some italian loveliness for me

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve thought about this carefully. If you gave me a lottery win, right now, I’d go down the VW dealer and order a new Passat.

molgrips
    Free Member

stilltortoise
    Free Member

If you gave me a lottery win, right now…

How big a win are we talking? 🙂

lemonysam
    Free Member

This thread has just made me realise that I really don’t covet cars at all. None of the above have done anything for me. Not intended in a sanctimonious way, I’m actually slightly surprised by it.

I did have a toy Pontiac firebird when I was little which changed colour when it got warm. That was quite cool when I was seven…

gearfreak
    Free Member

One of these, but with racing pedigree so I can take it racing at Goodwood, Silverstone and Le Mans

woodster

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Well I already own one of them which is this Volvo S60R. A proper ‘R’ mind not any of this ‘R-Design’ styling only rubbish. 300bhp, Ohlins designed electronically controlled chasis and suspension and Brembo Brakes.

Other than that a Bader Racing Karmann Ghia 993 RS would be nice

munrobiker
    Free Member

I ought to fancy something more exciting, and I really try to love supercars but for me fast things that shouldn’t be fast and rally cars are amazing. I seem to have a thing for Mercedes cars, not sure why.

So, old car- an SLC rally car.

Current car- a Brabus C63 600 Biturbo, but in Wagon form and with a standard Merc badge. Because I’m really a chav.

withersea
    Free Member

2cv

jools182
    Free Member

techsmechs
    Free Member

Its not big or expensive, but I would have another in a heartbeat

J350 LFH – Where are you, come home….

AlexSimon

I probably wouldn’t be able to give it the love and attention it would require though:

Am genuinely trying to buy one of these:

(well – the plain van at least :))

SaxonRider

I’m going to contradict everything I said on yesterday’s driving thread, and get all greedy now. Here’s a second choice:

hunterst
    Free Member

One of these would do me nicely

boriselbrus
    Free Member

There’s only one for me:

http

Would compliment my 12 year old Avensis estate nicely…

edlong
    Free Member

Alfa 8C please

darbeze
    Free Member

Singer 911 or Paris Dakar 959…

nedrapier

I’m a car as a tool type of person, so mine to covet would need to completely in the other direction.

Something like this:

goslow

Nice to see a couple of Karmann Ghias cropping up. I’ve already had several but still get excited on the rare occasions I see one.

philjunior
    Free Member

Fantasy one car? An F40.

What I’m actually hoping to get one day in the realistic future? Lotus Elise S1.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Its a bit sad but as I get older I think comfort over outright speed so Range Rover for me.

wwaswas

Edukator
    Free Member

It’s not made yet. It’ll have up to seven seats that will be transformable into a comfortable bed, electricity as the main power source. A solar panel roof. A 10bhp petrol engine for running with flat batteries or off-grid charging. It’ll weigh less than a tonne and every component will be re-usable and/or recyclable.

Keando

One of these in Signal Orange.

alpin
    Free Member

been hankering after a Caterham for a long time….

something like this:

to tow behind our van would make me feel rather smug. everything in black. would need a new paint job or frame…
    [/url]MTB T5 by sod_the_taxman, on Flickr[/img]

also quite like the MR2 MKII. just had a look and a decent condition one can be had for around 3€k. hmm… maybe next year… or never.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 214 total)

The topic ‘THE car you covet..’ is closed to new replies.