• This topic has 45 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Moe.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Cars like the Ford Mustang
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

We will be looking at an M3 or an RS4 in 40 years time thinking “oh yes this was the dogs b0ll0x lets restore one”?

Who knows, frankly who cares in 40 years time the petrol to start one will be prohibitively expensive and hopefully transportation will have moved on significantly.

pictonroad

My mate works at Ford, they’re very complimentary about the 4cyl mustang, same engine as the focus RS. I don’t think they’ll sell any because, of well, the reasons above; everyone dreams of the V8.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

pictonroad – Member
    My mate works at Ford, they’re very complimentary about the 4cyl mustang, same engine as the focus RS. I don’t think they’ll sell any because, of well, the reasons above; everyone dreams of the V8.

My brother works for Ford (in Dearborn, just outside Detroit). He was telling me that the 4 Cylinder engined Mustangs are often brought by parents for the college-age kids (who’d they previously have brought a Focus etc for).

The V8 is a lovely drive though and the burble you get from the engine when sat at the lights is one of the reasons those who can afford the bigger engine get them.

The one I posted a photo of earlier in the thread was a free upgrade. I was supposed to have a Ford Taurus (a very comfortable, well-spec’d car) but I couldn’t resist.

My brother also has a Mustang, which Ford employees can get a huge discount on. He drove his straight from the dealer to Rouch though, so it’s a little more sprightly than standard these days!

simon_g

Ecoboost is selling pretty well in the US, and interestingly in markets like Ireland where emissions taxation absolutely hammers the V8. We’re quite lucky here that silly stuff isn’t enormously more expensive to buy & tax.

I can see the appeal for an everyday car, much better economy and cheap tuning options. It’s hardly slow in the first place either.

jimjam
    Free Member

There are plenty of people who’ll buy a car like the Mustang just on looks, and for them the V8 is just an expense. [generalistation] women for example [/generalisation].

Moe

If you’re ever around Thetford for a ride, keep your eyes open as there are loads of US spec cars around here! From Mustangs to monster trucks, a few really nice classics too thanks to the USAF.

Also keep your eyes open and be alert when on the roads around here as new USAF arriviees are a little shell shocked by our roads and can be even higher risk if they’ve gone and ‘rented’ a ‘stickshift’! 😯

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Cars like the Ford Mustang’ is closed to new replies.