Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Carrying Twins bike recommendations please
  • T1000
    Free Member

Looking for a bike for carrying twins 2yr old onwards

Recommendations and photos would be much appreciated

Not keen on tag alongs, trailers or 3 wheelers ( as have a narrow path to negotiate)

motorman
    Free Member

Yuba mundo

This is what I came up with for my 2… 😉

jimbop1
    Free Member

Probably abit dangerous if I’m honest.

PaulMc
    Free Member

Wouldn’t fancy using either of those on anything even remotely interesting. I found a rear child seat even for one unweighted the front wheel and made the bike horribly top heavy. I towed our twins in a burley d’lite on all sorts, including narrow singletrack. As a rule the narrower it was the more they liked it, especially with the thing pitching to one side. Great for your leg muscles too.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Check out xtracycle. You could use it to convert an existing bike into the sort of two seater shown above, then later get something like the hooptie for it.

Edit: if you want to ride something interesting and maybe have a more balanced bike then maybe one on the back in a Hamax style seat, and another between you and the bars on a weeride type seat?

T1000
    Free Member

Thank you everyone I think I’ll have a look at the yuba and the xtracycle (I’ve an unloved 456 lurking in the back of the garage behind newer and shinier things which deserves to live again….)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Carrying Twins bike recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.