Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Carrying stuff (okay, it’s a ‘what manbag/handbag’ thread)
  • miketually
    Free Member

I know the obvious manly answer is “pockets”, but…

Having finally got a decent phone, I want to carry it somewhere accessible, rather than in a Crumpler pouch at the bottom of a rucksack, so that I can hear when people phone me.

At the moment, I have a couple of bags I use, depending upon what I’m doing, and I have a little mesh stuff sack thingy that I keep smaller things inside so I can easily swap between bags.

I like courier style bags, but my Karrimor courier bag is a bit big and hard to get into easily.

I’m looking for something that I can use to carry wallet, keys, phone and inhaler, but can also stick in a bottle of water, book, etc.

Start the piss taking…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Oh my…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This should be fun…I look forward to the images when I return from my climbing… 😆

nickc

Hang on, there’s a thing, isn’t there…Oh what are they called, women use them all the time….

C’mon some-one must know, it’s on the tip of my tongue

Stoner
    Free Member

a fanny pack!

you nonce 🙂

nickc

no, that’s not it…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Hang on, there’s a thing, isn’t there…Oh what are they called, women use them all the time….

C’mon some-one must know, it’s on the tip of my tongue

Tena lady?

Olly
    Free Member

hang on, ill just get my dad 😉

I had a german army “bread bag” back when i wanted a “manbag” for my camera and sketchbook and a pencil and….

#i grew out of being a pretentious prick with a camera and a sketchbook when i got a camera on my phone, so no current experience sorry 🙁

pedalhead
    Free Member

Secure in your sexuality? Good. Now go look at some Manhattan Portage stuff.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I’ve been waiting for years for the seal skin sporran to come into mainstream fashion…

nickc

I remember now…it’s a handbag, isn’t it…. 🙄

miketually
    Free Member

http://hmd.howies.co.uk/bag.html#satchel-detail would be ideal, obviously 🙂

Secure in your sexuality? Good. Now go look at some Manhattan Portage stuff.

I really like the look of those. Reasonably priced too.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I nearly always carry a rucsac, as I hate carrying things in my hands. I currently have 6, depending on need.

MrAgreeable

Genetically splice yourself with a kangaroo. It’s the more dignified option.

miketually
    Free Member

I nearly always carry a rucsac, as I hate carrying things in my hands. I currently have 6, depending on need.

I need a handbag-sized courier bag, really.

Stoner
    Free Member

http://courierbags.com/prod_mini_courier.itml

sufficiently manly manufacturer to get away with this borderline handbag, if you must 🙄

The Mini courier bag

nickc

This is going only one way….

wors

men?

elliptic
    Free Member

http://http://www.lowealpine.com/eng/prod_app_det.php?catid=15&itemid=378

…which doesn’t look too ridiculous slung over a shoulder, and (bonus!) is actually useful for running or road riding. Commuted into work with shirt, light trousers, wallet & keys in mine this morning.

No tartan sealskin option though 🙁

miketually
    Free Member

I like the look of those too.

Found some small North Face bags too, but with rather large logo.

sufficiently manly manufacturer to get away with this borderline handbag, if you must

Look good for throwing in the basket on my bike 😉

tang
    Free Member

i have a ‘marmot highlander’ large waistpack(which i used on the bike allot when i damaged my shoulder, the waist band is removable and has a padded shoulder strap. loads of pockets for all sorts, padded shades pouch, water bottle holders. plus the big bonus is its bright yellow on the inside so you can actually see whats in there. rucksack when i have more bits. i love practical luggage.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

[Lady Bracknell]”A ha-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-n-n-dbag ??”[/Lady Bracknell]

willard

I use my Camelback Havoc for that sort of thing. Can take my laptop, phone, iPod, you name it. It also has a 3 litre water pouch in it and is covered with paint and assorted crap from the last trip to the black mountains. It is also my carry on bag of choice for travelling (replacing the larger, but child-injuring record bag).

It does not look like something out of Little Britain.

IanMunro
    Free Member

This looks ideal.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I use a little Dakine pack that was free with a subscription to some mag.

Small enough not to get in the way. Space for wallet, keys, bottle of water, insulin, blood sugar meter, sunnies, pack of dextrose tabs. Out of the way and on my back, not like a little man-bag that swings (ooer!) all over the shop.

mieszko
    Free Member

North Face Base – Small

I recently got one like that off the Classifieds. Small but with pockets and organizer inside. Looks waterproof as well and has the extra straps so You can use it on the bike as well. A bit stiff because of the polyester material. Will fit a 12″-14″ laptop (I managed to put a 15″ one but was sticking out a bit). Very happy with mine.

mattbee

IanMunro, that;s what tends to be known as a ‘bailout bag’, designed for vehicle ops for military/PMC use. Don’t want a big bulky load bearing vest on in a Toyota in 35 deg heat, so stick your bits and bobs, mags etc in that and just grab it if you need to get out of the vehicle.

Look ar Warrior ones, sold by UKTactical, or the SoTech Go Bag, think OpTactical do them. Tend to be in manly colours like OD or khaki, and are a bit more ‘burly’ looking than some. If it’s got molle/PALS loops you can customise the sort of pouches it has too. Or, look at Maxpedition for civvy/military crossover gear carrying stuff.

Personally I use a US ‘Claymore’ mine bag, it’s just a simple canvas bag, nice and lightweight but durable and with 2 sensibly sized pockets, holds my phone, wallet, I Pod, Leatherman and Surefire E2E with room to spare for drinks, book etc… Mind you, I am a bit of a walt nowadays….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

OMG

Pockets for everyday or a rucksack if you need more you you you …………..metrosexual you

antigee

cargo pants and a tight belt?

tinribz
    Free Member

An assault vest?

Or what about trusty gas mask bags, 4.99….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

This looks ideal.

you can never have too many bullets…

An assault vest?

isn’t than an assault harness ? I mean, it just webbing and pockets, it doesn’t really cover anything – I suppose you might call it a chest thong…

duntmatter
    Free Member

Get one of these.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Carrying stuff (okay, it’s a ‘what manbag/handbag’ thread)’ is closed to new replies.