Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Carrying bikes in a ply lined van
  • breninbeener

If you have a ply lined van, how do you carry and secure several bikes in the rear?

Other than throw them in a heap in the back, whats the approved way of carrying them safely without them knocking holes out of each other?

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    BigJohn

I use a couple of those telescopic poles that plasterers use for holding boards up onto the ceiling. Get them in b&q for not much and come in useful for loads of things.

timba
    Free Member

Length of 4×2 and something like this (clicky)
    You could probably fabricate something similar yourself, then strap the bikes to the floor

onehundredthidiot

I made one of those pipe bike stands.

Kept me busy for a few hours.

thecaptain
    Free Member

We use webbing straps. Tighter than bungees, less rattle and roll. Blanket between the bikes anyway though.

maccruiskeen

I usually just lean them against the side of the van – front wheel against the bulkhead. They’re still there when I get to my destination. Just put whatever else your travelling with (boxes , bags) beside the wheels so they don’t slip sideways

If space is tight and the bikes need to be more upright then one bungee or strap from one of the load anchors on the floor up to whatever it will hook to up by the roof will do fine

br
    Free Member

Why not just screw brackets etc into the ply, and then use bungees?

Tracey

we just use bike shrouds

breninbeener

Thanks for the input all. Some ace ideas…v grateful 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Carrying bikes in a ply lined van’ is closed to new replies.