Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Carrying an SLR on the bike?
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i think he’s waiting for the moon to turn blue

MartynS

bigcol,

could you point me in the direction of some of your shots please.. I’m interested to see what sort of results you’re getting.
    It sounds like you put a huge ammount of work into each shot!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I assume you’re waitng for Nikon, not Parcelforce

yes, and the wheelbarrowful of money it would cost 🙂

gingerflash

I tried carrying the camera like this last weekend and it worked really well. Quick access, really secure and stable and I could still get the camelbak off quickly.

One D-ring is fastened to the chest strap; one D-ring to the waist belt; the loop on the base of the camera case is fastened to the compresison strap on the side of the camelbak.

thomthumb
    Free Member

nice jersey GF 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Hey gf – not bad! I might try that configuration for a change 🙂

Big-Col
    Free Member

Wow! I only change my lens when I break it or get a new body…
    I’m just waiting for a nice 10-300mm f/2.8VR :o)

Interesting use model there for an SLR. Wazzup man, can u not afford another lens or are you just supremely happy with the quality of your mid-range zoom? Or has the lens release button on your D200 broke? 🙂 Just wondering…

Big-Col
    Free Member

That sounds like a lot of waiting around by your riding mates.

Some waiting yes, usually for me to pack the gear up again. But it depends if you’re riding to specifically take pics or just want to flow down the trail. Sometimes it’s pics. Sometimes it’s just riding. But there is normally a camera involved;-)

Big-Col
    Free Member

could you point me in the direction of some of your shots please..

Check my blog out dooode.

And I don’t think it’s a huge amount of work for each shot … just riding some mountain trails and having fun:-)

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

if i’m carrying more than one lens then it’s the Lowe Pro primus AW for me, less than that it’s usually just a lowe pro case in or on the camelback or in summer just wrapped in a t-shirt in the camelback

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Interesting use model there for an SLR.

being able to change the lens is incidental – being able to see through it is vital! And IMO, if you’re noticing the quality of the lens then the subject must be rubbish…

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Carrying an SLR on the bike?’ is closed to new replies.