Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Carrying a helmet on flights
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Given the laptop bag+handbag rule that the ladies take advantage of when flying, reckon I can carry a full face lid as well as my normal hand luggage?

uplink
    Free Member

Just wear it onboard

atlaz
    Free Member

I guess it’s just a hat.

Tracey

Never had a problem, my rugsack has an elastic clip on flap and I just put the helmet in it

Tracey

beej

I’ve always carried my normal helmet strapped to my camelbak as hand luggage – never had a problem on 10 or so trips.

sheldona
    Free Member

Back in 06 just after the liquid bombers were caught and security was stepped up I was told I couldn’t take my full face on as carry on but I could wear it! I’d of looked a bigger muppet than normal!

zaskar
    Free Member

Probably think you’re a terrorist and lock you up for 6 months without charge.

Put it on when you sit on the plane and say hi to my friend in the back with glasses, his name is Jack.

Free food and a sore bottom…

Ring the airline to check what you can and can’ bring onboard and don’t complain if you get refused on he plane carrying it.

atlaz
    Free Member

My trail helmet I just hang off my normal bag when I fly but I was concerned this was a little more bulky.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

We weren’t allowed to carry normal XC lids on the flight from Vancouver to Glasgow last summer. We’d flown out carrying them though.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Just attach it to your backpack, should be fine.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Or just put it in your suitcase like we do.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

yup, carried my full facer on Easyjet and also attached an XC lid to my bag on a separate occasion. Both are fine.

Rich
    Free Member

Dunno what the ‘handbag rule’ is, but last few times we have flown my Wife has had to put her handbag inside the hand luggage bag.

cxi
    Free Member

As part of a group flying together with Zoom or Easyjet, we’ve never had a problem with a XC lid attached to a rucksack.

jim
    Free Member

Flying back from snowboarding in France this winter helmets were expressly banned from hand luggage.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ross Noble has a piece on this. He ended up wearing his motorbike helmet on the flight or something

kiwiem
    Free Member

Twice flying sleazyjet I’ve carried my lid, also Air France I carried my lid as well. Need to be careful with the laptop + handbag rule, some carriers (Sleazy to name one) only allow a single piece of handluggage as my other half found out. Thankfully we managed to pack laptop and it’s back into our other handluggage.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Carrying a helmet on flights’ is closed to new replies.