Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Carron Valley/Tak ma soon road..
  • althepal

Anyone know how it is up there just now? Had planned a wee jaunt tomorrow but will prob be on my own and a bit concerned about the road up and the trails themselves..
    Just wondering if there’s much point trying to get a coupla laps in before work tomorrow morning or not…?

bigG
    Free Member

Bearing in mind it’s a North facing slope, and there is snow lying down to a low level, and that snow has thawed and refrozen. In my experience I’d say that going to Carron Valley would be a waste of time. I live locally to it and have wasted too many hours riding up in similar conditions.

It may be that miraculously all of the snow there has melted, or the unicorns have swept the trails clear. This may not be the case though.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Bear in mind, there’s solid ice lying about in some places in glasgow about 60m, I’d imagine it’s quite treturous up there.

amodicumofgnar

Isn’t it due to snow heavily in the central belt early tomorrow?

flowerpower
    Free Member

There hasn’t been any thaw at all today, am about 15 miles away (Falkirk)and the car park outside the office is a sheet of ice, CV is higher than us so I can’t imagine either the trails or tak ma doon will be clear.

althepal

Oh well.. Sounds like I’ll be watching the weans while the wife goes shopping then..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m planning a look at the new Cathkin trails if ye fancy that al?

althepal

Nobeer- that might work out quite well.. Will get back to you shortly as I’m at work and need to speak to the mrs..

althepal

Nobeer- sent you a wee mail..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

This mornings weather did nothing to inspire taking the bike to Cathkin, so I went up in the car with my camera to walk the course and take some pics. Never got more than about 150 yards from the car, blowing a Hoolie, freezing sleet, and about half an inch of ice over all the paths and the trail itself!.

On a positive point, good to see that there were a least 3 work parties working on the trails, even in that weather. They’re cracking on with it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Carron Valley/Tak ma soon road..’ is closed to new replies.